• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Blackhorse PPI complaint being extended for further 8 weeks, help needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a bit of a background,

I called Blackhorse on the 23rd December 2018 to check whether I had any PPI on loans that I took out many years ago. The first and most relevant was taken out in 1987 as I recently found out from them. They found I had three within 87 and 91. They didn’t indicate or tell me whether or not there was PPI on any of my agreements and instead sent out a complaint form and explain to them why I was misold any of the policies attached to each loan. I had no paperwork at the time of calling.

A week later I sent back the form and gave the reasons why each were misold. Before doing this I called Blackhorse again and requested a copy each credit agreement agreement they hold on file which they said ok but still fill out the form and send it back which I did.

2 weeks after sending of the form, instead of receiving credit agreements, I was sent each loans running Statements from the opening payments right up until the last. 2 do not show an indication of PPI. But the largest and earliest loan clearly stated PPI £1637.11 included in a total amount of £15,387.78 to repay back. This is on the first page of the statement. Ive keep asking them to comfirm and they keep saying that there is a strong indication and a final response would be provided

The Final response date I was given was 18th February. But I received a letter today stating they need at least another 8 weeks to fully respond to the complaint.

It’s quite frustrating that they are not providing a final response. I understand there busy and that’s why they have such sufficient time provided to them under their regulations. The reason they have provided for this responses is that they are busy and it hasn’t gone to the relevant departments yet. It funny because I’ve spoken to 3 different people so far during the weeks that have gone by and they have each stated completely contradictory stages as to where the complaint currently is positioned. 2 weeks ago someone told me it’s half way, a week later someone said it’s not even been seen yet by the case handlers and now they have decided to extend for another 8 weeks. I don’t know what to believe.

I’ve mentioned to them that I’m going through hardship at the moment as I’m now disabled and require funds for a needed private operation and the money would come in very handy at the right time.

Is this common practice or is there something more to it? Would it be wise to take the complaint to the ombudsman? What’s the best thing to do going forward? Given that there is records of each loan, whats the hold up? Could they be passing liability onto someone else, and would have they not of done that already to address the matter ASAP?

Any advice or experience anyone has with dealing with Blackhorse PPI dpt is very welcome and I look forward to receiving everyone’s responses on how to best get a reasonable response in a reasonable time.

Thank you

Edited by Tonychief

ideally what you should have done is send them an sar, its free and gives you all the info they hold on you, that way, you don't tip them off its in relation to a PPI claim and in certain instances, stop things hitting the shredder .

in your case though, they have returned what you needed which was the statements, you don't need the agreements as that doesn't give you the info to calculate what you should get back using our spreadsheets and the FOS questionnaire which is the other thing you should always use on a PPI claim.

as for where you stand now, sadly, I don't think you can use the hardship route unless you told them that in your initial letter, and ofcourse you didn't know you had any PPI so i'm not sure its relevant upon that front either.

ofcourse there is the 56 days for a complaint to be resolved, but if I was you i'd use that time wisely and workout what you should be getting.

that info you can understand by reading the relevant posts in this thread for you situation.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered(1-Viewing)-nbsp

lastly, did the one with PPI get fully paid off simply by its payments, or was it paid off by some other loan.

thread moved to the PPI forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi thanks for the response.

I really appreciate your help.

The first 1987 statement shows that it wasn’t paid off by another loan although I’m not to sure about that, I can’t really remember and it’s driving me mad.

There was a second loan I took out in 1990 for £3k.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

In the 1987 statement, on 22/10/1993, it shows a write off of £4550 but I made payments of between £25-£40 and the balance looks to have been cleared on the 3rd May 2001.

This is the statement showing PPI £1673.69 and the loan was cleared off owing nothing.

What I’m struggling with is the other loan and whether it corresponds to the 1987 loan which has PPI.

It shows the agreement commenced 20/07/1993.

But the first transaction, it shows date 21/10/1987 advance to customer £5,000 with monthly repayments starting from 18/01/1987.

They haven’t told me anything yet about whether PPI was on all the loans.

I would of thought at least given the three different loan statements where only one states clearly P.P.I, I would of at least received a response on the other 2 showing no PPI.

I’m so puzzled about this whole situation and help to sort the matter out would be very welcome.

Please note I was always self employed and that was of course one of the many reasons I gave for the miselling of PPI.

look forward to hearing from you

can I be cheeky please

can you scan up the first and last statement of each loan to one multipage pdf?

if you read upload it tells you how.

BH as you know are Lloyds , and if I were to be honest, without an sar, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick them.

I got £27k out of them many years ago for a friend of my wife when they told him it was just over £1k!!

ok yours will be nothing like that, but I proved his 12 loans WERE a chain when they said the first that had PPI was not refinanced by the 2nd, and none of the others had PPI...I proved otherwise, thus the PPI from loan 1 ran right through each of the other 11 as each was a refinance.

you might see what im getting at if you browse that link.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

loan 1 ran to 10-05-2001?

had to merge and redact all those statements you left the a/c numbers showing.

looks like you were repaying all the loans via a repayment scheme till way after they were due to end

doesn't look like anything is linked to loan 1.

I can see why they have asked for more time.

you need to get yourself a copy of the statint sheet from here.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

to calc what ppi you paid and when:

Cost of PPI/Total cost of loan*100=PPI%

1673.69/15319.80*100=10.93%

so everytime you paid anything toward the loan [from the statements]

you enter 10.93% of that sum into the spreadsheet at the date you paid it

individually for each payment on its own line

the sheet will do the rest for you.

and they

Incidentally - it is not a good idea for you to tell them how much you want repaid.

Let them work it out and then challenge it if you think they are wrong.

If you have under-estimated. then there is every chance that they may just go along with your figure.

Thank you for the reply again. So based on what you’ve seen, and you’ve said you understand why they need more time, is it because they are still trying to work out the calculation?

Also should I work out the calculation at 15% stat interest for the first 6 years?

Where are you getting 15% statint from???

If you fill out that sheet it does things for you..its automatic.

Then you might understand why all these £20 payments complicate matters.

As for our spreadsheet being wrong or giving them room to shortchange you..not seen that since ims21 made them for CaG as people WERE being shortchanged till them!!

and they

15% was the statutory interest rate prior to the 1st April 1993. A friend of mine got his PPI complaint upheld for a loan which started in 1992. The first year he received 15% followed by 8% for the remaining period.

It became 8%. Im not sure but I don’t think it’s complicated, it’s just that they need to make manual calculations from the sounds of things. If the delay is because of the calculation and not something else then fine so be it. I find it promising even though the matter will take longer than usual.

I learn everyday

in all the time we've done PPI here 1st time ive know of the 15%

even IMS 21 didn't know that

and they

Yeah so from end of things the first approximate 6 years should cover 15% stat interest.

But I’m still curious to know from your experience why do they require an extension? Is it just because the calculation is more complicated than usual?

well I cant see any refinancing but it seems like you might have been paying all the loans? via some form of an arrangement as several show £20 or so payments but then they are reversed as bad debt transfer value?

that looks confusing to me.

and they

well I’ve got no choice at this moment in time than to keep my fingers crossed and hope for a reasonable refund. The policy appears to have been incorporated in all the excessive interest and charges they stated all throughout the term of the first loan. Very misleading now looking at it hindsight but to be honest I didn’t think I had PPI on any of these loans before making an enquiry.

Many thanks again for your help and sorry to keep messaging. It’s just been quite frustrating getting any appropriate answer from them during the last 2 months from them that I thought why not ask others who hear and deal about this on a daily basis.