Disabled Road Tax.

milnholm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is a bit long.

I am just in the process of get my drivers license back after having to have surrendered it due to some medical treatment that didn’t go to plane.

My Wife has just had to surrender her drivers license because at the beginning of last summer (2018) she acquired an autoimmune disease called Miller Fisher Syndrome and spent a significant period of time in ICU before being transferred to a long term rehabilitation hospital. As a result she’s semi paralyzed and has reduced eye function, speech impediment, limited movement and reduced confidence.

we are getting a car soon and it’s going to be put onto disabled road tax but how do we do this.

Since I’ll be the owner/driver but it’s my wife who is disabled.

do we need to register the car in my wife’s name but insure it in my name?

Or is there some other way we need to do this.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

cheers.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Just go to the post office with proof of disability and theyll do it in a few seconds on the computer

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

is she on benefits at all esp pip?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You can apply for exemption from paying vehicle tax if you get the:

higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement

Armed Forces Independence Payment

The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name.

It must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It cannot be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

For the benefit of the disabled person....that might well include personal use by the nominated driver(s)...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

https://www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/vehicles-and-transport

The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name.

It must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It cannot be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread