Lowell court claim , what to do now?

Tracy24582
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hoping you guys can offer some help please, I’ve had a letter from Lowell’s about an old catalogue I had & that they acquired the debt in 2017, I don’t recall having received a letter of claim but this is asking for a response in 14 days, total amount including court fees is £912.

How should I proceed, I cannot pay that amount, does this have to go to court now or is there any way that I can sort this out outside the court, what happens if it does go to court?

are Lowell’s helpful enough to try & resolve without court action or is too late now 😞

Hi Tracy and Welcome to CAG

Not sure exactly what you have received without you scanning and uploaded a redacted copy.

The following is what you should receive before litigation is commenced.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice-1st-Oct-2017

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi, I’m not sure if I received the letter of claim, I moved address a few years ago so I honestly don’t know if they have or haven’t sent me anything initially 😞 what should I do, the form looks pretty legit though. What should I do now I’m freaking out as I’ve read things about £255 additional court fines etc

AB989729-988B-41FC-A926-F22EE7751AB5.jpeg

Okay thats a court claim....read the following thread which explains the process and how long you have to respond.

Copy and paste the Q,s and your responses from the following link and post back here for further advice.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do-**UPDATED-Jan-2019**(2-Viewing)-nbsp

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread