Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default NCP 2x Windscreen PCNs - Newport Train Station, Long Stay - South Wales

Hi all,

I travelled to London on 12/02, returning on the 13/02.
    I have TWO parking chargeicon notices on my windscreen, one for each day - for not parking within a bay.

When I arrived at the carpark, there were no spaces available and several vehicles were parked in places that were not marked as bays, but in areas that did not cause any obstruction to the carpark in the slightest.

If it was one fine I would probably suck it up and pay it, but the attendant could clearly see I paid for two days parking (obviously not returning to the car in the meantime) and has ticketed me on both days. now my blood is boiling.

The tickets are 85 each (50 if paid in 14 days) and quite frankly, I can't afford to pay them.

Any advice you can give me would be fantastic, thanks in advance for your help.

1 The date of infringement[s]? 12/02 and 13/02

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? No

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) Not yet as only received fines this week
    what date is on it
    Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? On the online appeals section, there is photo evidence (note I haven't appealed or put any info in, just checked to see if there were any photos)

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) N/A

5 Who is the parking company? NCP

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Newport Train Station, Long Stay - South Wales

Follows
    Following

Default Re: NCP 2x Windscreen PCNs - Newport Train Station, Long Stay - South Wales

Hello and welcome to CAGicon. The guys should be along later to advise, please bear with us.

I don't think we'll be encouraging you to pay. Byelaw cases are slightly different but this isn't the railway people chasing you which doesn't make things look good for NCP.

Best, HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Default Re: NCP 2x Windscreen PCNs - Newport Train Station, Long Stay - South Wales

not a lot they can really do as HB says
    its controlled by the railway byelaws, with if the RAILWAY COMPANY wanted to do anything it would be in the magistrates court and the 'fine' would goto the gov't not NCP nor the railway Co.

also just to be clear, NCP have not issue you with 2 fines, they are speculative invoices.
    NOT fines.

await the NTK for each ticket which should arrive between 29 - 56 days no earlier or later.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: NCP 2x Windscreen PCNs - Newport Train Station, Long Stay - South Wales

DO NOT APPEAL as at the moment all they have done is given you 2 notices to driver and one of those is faulty as it has to be a separate event.
    They have to wait until 28 days has passed and then they can issue a notice to driver and that has to spell out certain information in a tightly prescribed manner or they fail to create a keeper liability or any liability at all if they get it very wrong ( they do).

Now in your case the matter is more complicated as the car park is probably on railway land so they cant rely on the POFA to obtain your keeper details and railway byelaw 14 is the determining legislation here not some dubious contract that you may or may not have breached.

Now byelaw 14 allows the railway company to enforce IF the vehicle has been left so as to cause a hindrance or obstruction and parking in a place outside the marked bays doesnt mean that a hindrance or obstruction has been caused. If it had they have the powers to tow you but the parking co has no rights or say in this at all.

So we need to know what the sigange says and what the tickets slapped on your vehicle claim you have done wrong.

As said the parking co dont get to have a say in this but they will try and persuade you that you owe them money so dont be tempted to respond to them in anytime soon, wait until at least after the NTK's arrive and in the meanwhile get the info about the signs and the wording on their ticket and we can see if they are damned by their own words

Follows
    Following

to scan up the tickets to PDFicon only please
    read uploadicon

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following