Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default 3 ccjs at old addresses

I received a ccj through the post which looked like it had originally been sent to my old address then amended and sent to my current address.
    I checked my credit report and turns out I have 3 at old addresses.
    I missed the 30 day deadline to pay them due to going to the wrong addresses but don’t have the money to pay them anyway.

They are

1. Lowell’s £241 for a H&M account
    2. Lowell’s £549 for a credit card
    3. BW legal £414 pay day loanicon -i took out for partner but he never paid

they we’re all due to be statute barredicon this year accord to my credit report.

ive lived at my current address 18 months and on the electoral roll since day one.
    Two ccjs went to my last registered address which I left in 2016 and one went to the address before that which I left in 2012.

2016 I moved into a woman’s refuge due to domestic abuse inc financial abuse where my partner would give me “pocket money” and clearly hid letters about debts as he’d told me he’d paid them! He even lied to hmrc about his income causing an over payment that I now have to pay back!

I haven’t worked since 2013 as had to stay home with the kids while he worked and since being on my own childcare proved to expensive to go back to work.
    I called step change and they’ve said to offer a token £1 payment using form N245 as my income is -£250 a month so I don’t have the money to pay the ccjs.

i was thinking a DRO might be better as I have other debts on my credit file too including another pay day loan coming up for statute barred so they’re likely to apply for another ccj.

i really don’t want bailiffs turning up

Default Re: 3 ccjs at old addresses

i'm interested in the one where you say the address was amended, what was amended the address on the judgement after they got it, expand please.

I think you need to be clear on what a bailiffs can actually do on a consumer crediticon debt.
    the truth being very little if you ignore them.
    you don't have to even engage with them
    there is most certainly no right of forced entry on CCJ's so forget about losing your kids toys like you feared in your other thread.

not the best resolution p'haps.
    but dont go thinking every CCJ gets bailiffs involved
    its only if the claimant goes back and asks for them to be involved

until or unless any of the claimants chase you i'd let things run.

now the DRO
    its never a good idea to turn unsecured consumer credit debts into something more formal.
    you indicate you have other debts too.
    you also indicate you have numerous PDL's
    I would be starting an irresponsible lending claim against EACH PDL lender inc the one with the CCJ.

if you credit rating was already shot [sounds like it] with numerous default and other PDL's you could be in for a good wipeout of them and poss money to you pocket

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

I received a lettericon from bw legal saying a ccj had been issued against me and they’d included the form.
    it was a county courticon form and my old address was on the left crossed out in red pen and my new address on the right in the second defendant box.
    It had a red date stamp on the bottom so I guess they sent it back to the courts and got it amended maybe??
    However I ignored it cause it came from bw legal and not the courts

Thought I’d be proactive and find out when I last paid vanquis but they said they don’t hold any information as it was all passed to Lowell in 2013.

Follows
    Following

well you cold scan it up to PDFicon read uploadicon
    then we can see it and try like you to work things out.

do you remember when you took this vanquis card out?
    nothing on you credit file?

is there a possibility that you hadn't paid it for 6yrs before they got the CCJ?
    just because it was poss SB'd that wouldnt stop them from getting a backdoor CCJ as no human ever checks anything

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Northampton CCBC MCOL will have altered the address manually and returned it to the Claimants Sol to serve on you...you should have responded to it.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

I know now I should have responded.

I took out the vanquis in 2011. Credit file says default is April 2013 but I wondered if I stopped paying before that which is why I called.

So should I do an N245 form?

can you scan up the letter BW sent please PDFicon read uploadicon
    when was this sent to you if you cant do that///

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following