Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: CDW Debt UAE

Default CDW Debt UAE

Hi all,

Hoping for some advice.
    Received the attached today - what can they do at this stage?
    They attached all statements and agreements.

Do I need to act on this or again ignore?

Any advice gratefully received.

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: CDW Debt UAE

one multipage PDFicon next time please - read uploadicon

its not a compliant PAP letter of claimicon
    its a begging letter filled with lots of if's and but's.

I think your latter idea is the best.

there are 100's of threads here to rad
    you'll soon get the idea .

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Is that the first letter you have received ?

Do you have any UK assets such as property that would be at risk ?

Are there any issues with the debt that are unresolved in the UAE ? I.e. Did you enter into any dispute regarding the debt ?

That first letter reads exactly like one minicredit would have put out

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Uk doesnt have a bilateral treaty with UAE but the EU does.
    Now that is alomist impossible for a UAE client to rely on because of their behaviour and the UAE lender will have had to go through a lot of hops before they could even consider asking a court to consider the matter and that is why they hire bandits like these DCAicon's.

now the Uae creditor has to apply for enforcemeht within a year of the original judgement in the UAE unless there is a very good reason for not doing so.

so this leads to some questions
    - how long since you left the UAE and what court paperwork did you receive at the time or since?
    The bank has to get various levels of judgement according to who owns the debt and whats sort of debt it is and that means paperwork under different parts of UAE law.

the dca wont have any of this so they rely on just telling you that you owe the money and threaten things like statutory demands without the necessary proof to go further but if you dont respond at that point they can get a default win..

their other problem is that your debt still has things being added to it so isnt a judgement that can be considered by a UK court.
    It has to be for a fixed sum that was contractually due at the time of the judgement.

as an aside various EU countries have legislation that prevents spurious amounts of interest being claimed, whether contractual or not so try an accommodation address in Italy for example and see if CDW fancy their chances there.

Follows
    Following