CWD Court Docs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one multipage pdf next time please - read upload

its not a compliant PAP letter of claim

its a begging letter filled with lots of if's and but's.

I think your latter idea is the best.

there are 100's of threads here to rad

you'll soon get the idea .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is that the first letter you have received ?

Do you have any UK assets such as property that would be at risk ?

Are there any issues with the debt that are unresolved in the UAE ? I.e. Did you enter into any dispute regarding the debt ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That first letter reads exactly like one minicredit would have put out

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Uk doesnt have a bilateral treaty with UAE but the EU does.

Now that is alomist impossible for a UAE client to rely on because of their behaviour and the UAE lender will have had to go through a lot of hops before they could even consider asking a court to consider the matter and that is why they hire bandits like these dca's.

now the Uae creditor has to apply for enforcemeht within a year of the original judgement in the UAE unless there is a very good reason for not doing so.

so this leads to some questions

- how long since you left the UAE and what court paperwork did you receive at the time or since?

The bank has to get various levels of judgement according to who owns the debt and whats sort of debt it is and that means paperwork under different parts of UAE law.

the dca wont have any of this so they rely on just telling you that you owe the money and threaten things like statutory demands without the necessary proof to go further but if you dont respond at that point they can get a default win..

their other problem is that your debt still has things being added to it so isnt a judgement that can be considered by a UK court.

It has to be for a fixed sum that was contractually due at the time of the judgement.

as an aside various EU countries have legislation that prevents spurious amounts of interest being claimed, whether contractual or not so try an accommodation address in Italy for example and see if CDW fancy their chances there.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Also very worried.

Today received letter of court action with completed County Court Claim form

What do I do next? 

Is it time for a solicitor? Or can someone please give me advice 

Untitled 2.pdf

Hi

Hoping someone can help me out here.

Today I received the attached letter and court order?

Do I need legal representation?

Do I need to respond? No dates etc.

please advise 

Untitled 2.pdf

Edited by ConcernedExpat09
Change of pic/file

please complete this:

I have merged your threads and moved random posts elsewhere to here

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? Emirates NBD (PJSC)

Date of issue – top right hand corner of the  claim form – - 04/03/19 (only received today 28th March 2019)

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Repayment of Outstanding Credit Card and Loan Liabilities

What is the total value of the claim? AED 250,000 + £2746.25 in costs

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? No 

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? Yes

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No as moved back to UK

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?

Credit Card / Loan

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After April 2007

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? No

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Claimant's Solicitor - No correspondence from Creditor

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments? Left Country - unable to repay

What was the date of your last payment? Unknown - circa  Feb 2009

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No - at the time I would have been imprisoned

Have you  or yet to receive their full particulars of claim ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

then scan them up to ONE multipage PDF 

read upload

and they

Thanks......

And copies of this agreement with terms and conditions in English that their particulars rely on ?  I notice they make no mention to exhibits...which of course UAE or not they must comply with English Law and our processes of litigation and be able to disclose all the relevant paperwork they will rely  on..... 

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

HI Andy,

They did send copies of the agreement etc I can scan and send these later on this evening.

Do I need to respond to the court papers today? Concerned about the time frame particularly as the court filed on the 4.3.19 yet CWD only sent to me on the 27th received on the 28th March.

Have you acknowledged service this should have been done by the 22nd March ? If so then you have another 14 days to submit a defence by IE Friday 5th April.

Court papers come from northants bulk not cwd

ring the court make sure its a real claimform

and they

Unless the crafty lot filed the claim to an old address then magically found your real one at the extra poc stage...

and they

Hi All,

Spoke to Court - said it was genuine. I have until the 12th April to Respond as apparently they were notified today it has been served?

Papers attached that were also included. Lots of incomplete sections / Dates amounts etc on the terms and conditions - Not sure if this helps or not. 

Had to make small and via Word as for some reason scanned file wouldn't work - let me know if better size quality required.

Really need some help and advice please.

Emirates3.pdf Emirates2.pdf

Claim is not from CCBC Northampton its a manual claim ...CCMCC ....Salford most prob..the claimant serves the claim form on you.

yes i forgot about that salford trick

wack everything into ONE multipage PDF 

read upload

and they

6 hours ago, ConcernedExpat09 said:

HI Andy,

They did send copies of the agreement etc I can scan and send these later on this evening.

Do I need to respond to the court papers today? Concerned about the time frame particularly as the court filed on the 4.3.19 yet CWD only sent to me on the 27th received on the 28th March.

Have you got a really bad scanner or are they Illegible ?

Andy

Claiming Interest.... that is Interesting..... will inform separately (CAG   certain things do not need to be Public.... it tips CWD hand)

Suffice to say that interest is Haram under Sharia Law... CWD have expressly used the term interest.

Uk doesnt have a bilateral treaty with UAE but the EU does.

The EU does not.