First Registration

babybichon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on a first registration on a new car please.

The car I opted for a couple of weeks ago has had to be factory built. The dealership estimated the delivery date of end of April, (would let me know mid-March when date of delivery would likely be). Fast forward to this week I get confirmation in an email that the car has been built (!) and is on its way to the dealership, and will be in touch in the next couple of weeks to arrange collection. Great stuff, but due to this would the car still be classed as the new 19 registration? If it's now ready and on its way can I still 'delay' the collection in a way that I have it at new registration? Sounds fickle I know, but I did want a 19 reg when I opted to buy (not a 68!). So I'm not sure how it works as I wasn't expecting the car until at least April time.

Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Many thanks

Hi.

Have you asked the garage? According to the DVLA website they would normally register it.

HB

Thanks for your reply, I've emailed them back to stipulate that I wish to have the car on 1st March thus 19 reg, but haven't received a reply.

Do you mean register it when the car has been built, or when the car arrives at the dealership? If the latter then I would assume that it could be 'delayed' a few days until the date of first registration comes into force?

Ring them and tell them that the earliest that you can take delivery is 1st March. Tell them that you will require the registration number for your insurance and that it must be a '19' plate.

They may try to fob you off with a '68' as it would help their figures and possibly manufacturer's bonuses!

It need not be registered until you are ready, as your contract was for an April delivery.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you