Notice Of Seeking Possession - re-serve

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just looking for some advice,

recently I asked my work coach at my Job Centre if the worst comes and I do face a sanction in the future while I am on Universal Credit, will my housing element be affected as well, and he said yes, is this true?

I thought housing element won't be affected while on a sanction, or his he wrong?

I just hope I don't end up on UC for too long, I am aiming to get into work ASAP.

Well UC rolls all benefits into one - My understanding is that you would be affected if sanctioned

It can be that your UC maybe stopped altogether for a period or you it may be reduced significantly.

Remember that sanctions come in a variety of periods - 4 weeks, 52 weeks etc

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Low level sanctions for things such as failing to attend a work coach job centre appointment affect only the standard payment amount and not housing.

But the sanctions are open ended, so if you did not come back into compliance by attending the job centre the sanction would keep running on.

The sanction is your standard daily rate e.g for someone 25 or over £10.40 per day.

If you were a total idiot, repeatedly going through sanction periods, the sanctions would escalate and you would then lose payment of any Universal Credit payments including housing.

If you search online, Universal Credit Sanctions, you will find a document with all of the information.

If you are sensible enough and comply with what the work coach requests, you should never be sanctioned.

If you cannot attend a Job Centre appointment, then phone them and rearrange as soon as possible.

See this link about how to avoid sanctions

http://www.cpag.org.uk/content/ask-cpag-online-avoiding-universal-credit-sanctions

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Evening,

I have already posted this on another forum, but need some more advice,

On Monday (April 2) I reported my rent changes when housing association rents changed, but when I reported it on my Full Universal Credit account, I put I pay my rent monthly instead of weekly as I wasn't paying much attention.

On Thursday (5 April) I got my statement for my payment and I made a shock discovery as I found out they only paid me £70.12 in rent as this is what it states (You said that your rent is £75.79 per month, and you pay £3.48 in service charges each month)

- As you can see I made a mistake by putting month, so I made a new report changes on the 5th and I put weekly on the new one, I also made a few notes on my journal and this is what an adverser replied to me.

Hi Shaun

I have just sent the form off to re verify the changes to your housing costs. Once this is done your housing entitlement will amended.

Regards

Rebecca

Update - I phoned Universal Credit line this morning (April 9) and I spoken to an adviser and he told me that he is just waiting for my landlord (Calico Housing) to re verify my rent,

does anyone know how long this takes as my case manager who replied to my notes on my Journal, she sent it off on Thursday,

I am just worried that's all as my rent is due this week and I am in a payment arrangement with my rent and I don't want to fall behind, is they anything else I can do to chase it up, or have I done everything at the moment?

Any advice would be great, thank you :)

Speak to Calico to advise them of the issue.

Because DWP seem unwilling to correct your error and need Calico to confirm the correct rent amount, it is how quick Calico reply to Universal Credit case manager, so they can put the correct amount through.

Any underpayment will normally be dealt with as a same day faster payment.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi, Thanks for your reply - update:

My landlord (Calico) has phoned me today to say that they sent the SRS verification back to Universal Credit yesterday (April 9) at 10am

I have left notes on my Journal today but no one is contacting me regarding this and my rent is due tomorrow and £70.10 is not enough,

any idea how long is it going to take for Universal Credit to pay me the rest of my housing entitlement?

or do I need to wait until next month now?

I am so worried!

Edited by dx100uk

You can phone UC to ask for a handover to be sent to case manager.

If it is delayed payment of an amount, then they might give it priority.

Your landlord calico should be aware that UC issue will cause a delay in full payment being received.

They will deal with UC on a daily basis.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I phoned UC up about 8.30am this morning and the lady who I spoken to,

she told me that it's underpayment I will get and she marked it down as urgent,

does anyone have any idea how roughly it's going to take to get my remaining housing entitlement if she has marked it as urgent?

Edited by dx100uk
quote/spacing

• 10 months later...

Evening,

Not sure if this is in the correct topic so accept my apology if it's in the wrong section,

this Monday (February 11th) I had a appointment with my income office from my housing association and come to agreement with my rent arrears

I am on Universal Credit

they pay £303.67 direct

I pay extra £20.00 a month to cover my arrears,

this morning I received a letter from my landlord and it's states

- NOTICE OF SEEKING POSSESSION

- RE-SERVE

it's states at the bottom the following:

''You were served with a Notice of Seeking Possession 12 months ago and this has now expired.''

''If you have already made an agreement to reduce your rent arrears, please continue to make your payments as agreed.''

Does anyone know what this means?

I already agreed with my housing officer on Monday and this came today and I am upset, it states on the letter the date as: 11th February 2019.

Should I be worried about this? I am worried :(

Any advice would be great thank you.

I would suggest it was sent before the landlord knew the outcome of the meeting

give them a ring and check.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Please listen to dx100uk you need to sort the court side before anything else.

Few Questions:

1. Is this a letter from the Council Housing informing you of there intention to seek Notice of Seeking Possession or Court Documents?

2. Were you Served with a Notice of Seeking Possession 12 months ago by the Council Housing?

3. If above is correct was the reason Rent Arrears?

4. If above correct did you enter a payment plan with the Council Housing?

We really need a summary from when this started specifically with the Rent Arrears.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I've merged and tidied several threads to this one thread now

please keep to it for all issues regarding this problem.

now re-reading from post 1

I suggest that the LL [Calico] has not sent you a section 21 notice

but merely a letter stating they want to repo?

and now are simply stating they have reserved the same [pointless] letter?

have you actually received a section 21 letter involving the court?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

AFAIK, the notice is invalid, as the only notice that can be given and be valid without a reference to any law is a section 21 (1) (b), which requires a minimum of 8 weeks notice for rent payable weekly, or 2 months for rent payable monthly.

and they

Update: My housing officer sent me an email this morning as I sent her an email yesterday as I was worried over the letter. She told me in the email today that I not need to worry as the old one expired so they had to do a new one. She also said as long as I keep up my agreement and payments every month I won't be evicted from my flat, I am well pleased as I was worried overnight about that letter as I don't want to loose my flat!!

Hi irrespective that this has been sent by email you need to ask that Housing Officer to put what was stated in writing to you not just an email.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group