Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Jobcentreplus B16 form filling.

Hello all Caggers.
    I have not posted on here for a while, but tend to look around from time to time.

As most of you will already know there is currently a payout going on with the mess with switching claimants from incapacity benefit to ESA.

We filled in the long winded form and sent it back to DWP in December.

Around a week ago, we received the B16 form to fill in and send back.

When did the DWP start counting their partners earnings and adding ESA to the combined income of the household?

I seem to remember in the not to distant past, my partner who was on Invalidity Benefit which then changed to Incapacity Benefit and finally (at this present time) is Employment and Support Allowance, used to be classed as only them receiving the benefit, not taking into account any earnings that I earn.

Does someone know what date this happened?
    I am curious to know, before I fill out the B16.

Regards,
    Allets.

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Jobcentreplus B16 form filling.

According to online searches the date this started was 31st January 2011.

if you are unsure whether DWP is acting correctly, send a letter to DWP asking questions.

I would have thought that ESA claims always consider a couples situation, not just the individual with the health issue.

It depends if the ESA is contributionicon based or income based. If contributionicon based then only certain pension payments to the claimant are taken into account, if income based then any partner's earnings are taken into account.

RMW
    "If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.
    Follows
    Following

Thanks for the info. I knew it had been introduced recently, but didn't think it was so far back.
    This will determine the answers that i will put in the form.
    Quite a lot of goal posts and hoops to go through as usual, not holding out much hope.

Regards,
    Allets.