O2 broadband tariff change

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed up to O2 50GB tariff in September 2018 and decided to pay for the device up front to make the monthly payments cheaper (£22 per month instead of £29). Everything seemed fine for around four months until out of the blue I received an email notification from O2 claiming that a request for a tariff change had been made. No request had been made by us.

At first I put it down to some sort of [problem] email and ignored it, but checking my account online later that day, it did show up as a change of tariff - with the new tariff of £29 per month for the same 50GB i was already receiving. I chatted to a couple of gurus until it appeared 'Keith' finally understood what I was complaining about. He said he would change the tariff back but the next payment could not be stopped but he would make sure the extra charges were reimbursed soon after.

I waited and waited, and nearly four weeks later I still havent received the refund, and my tariff is still showing as £29 per month. I dont know if it was the right thing to do but I have raised a complaint through Resolver, and am currently waiting for their response.

As a side to this, one of their gurus told me the exact time of day the so called request was made, and I have prove through my vehicle tracker that I was driving at the time, and no one else has access.

My suspicion is that O2 are running some sort of fraudulent [problem] once they realised they are not charging me enough for the 50GB.

Shortly afterwards I noticed that an extra charge of £4.50 has been added to the account, stating an 'app' had been purchased from Globway BV. I had not, and never would buy an app for £4.50. Another complaint was raised about that.

Then just yesterday (Sun 10) I noticed that an incredible (for us!) 7.21 GB had been taken from our remaining monthly allowance, with 2.78 GB going after the device had been switched off for the night. Another complaint ensued!

This is now the second time in two months that over 7GB has been wiped from our remaining allowance, and I wonder if anyone else has any similar experiences of this, and if any members can recommend future course of action?

Many Thanks

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Might be prudent to get a D SAR off to them and start collating your evidence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is there a store near you that you can walk into?

It's amazing how quick your issue is taken seriously when prospective customers can hear your informing O2 staff, a little louder than usual, the difficulties you're having with them and that you are looking at moving and informing Ofcom of the trouble you're having with them.

Keep everything in writing you'll need a paper trail of evidence, and if you use their live chat facility, then ensure you get a screen dump of the conversation, or better still have them email it to you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, yes going to a store is an option though I would prefer all correspondence now to be in writing. Thankfully I have emailed all chats to myself so do have a record of what has been stated by O2 staff.

The latest claim from O2 is that they attempted to put me back on my original tariff but their system wouldn't let them as that tariff is not available, and the guru stated the tariff had been £29 since October, but my bank statements say otherwise.