Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Smart Parking PCN - Energie gym Sheldon Birmingham - now Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim

Hi All
    Im looking for some advice on this one.

Back on 20/12/17 i went to park on a carpark behind some shops previously this was an actual carpark for use of shoppers.

As i went into the entrance of carpark i noticed a sign on the wall on right hand side as you enter the carpark so i pulled to the left hand side to read it
    (The entrance is an ally way between 2 shops as shown in my Picture There is no signs visible until you enter the carpark)
    It said that the carpark is now for gymicon use and to check terms and conditions in the carpark

I left my car where it was which wasnt actually parked in a designated space the carpark in a space and had a look for the terms and conditions but all i could find was the same signs as id already read.

I walked round to the gymicon entrance but couldnt see any terms and conditions there
    So i just got in my car and turned around and left
    i was there for 7 minutes

then on 11th jan 2018 i received a parking chargeicon notice which i ignored as i never actually parked in the car park just pulled over to one side of the entrance but the number plate reading system had clocked me as i entered

on the 13th feb i received a letter from DRP asking for 160
    i contacted DRP and a sent them [I]CPR 31.14 Request

I then received another letter from DRP on 26 fen 2018 thanking me for my communication but explaining that i couldnt challenge the charge

I ignored that and heard nothing until a few days ago when Gladstones solicitors wrote with a letter before claimicon dated 4th feb 2019

I understand that they will take it to county courticon

Should i just wait for a county court claim and try defend this or is there another avenue.

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Smart Parking PCN - Energie gym Sheldon Birmingham - now Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim

1st can you complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-Viewing)-nbsp

2nd you stayed less than 10 mins.
    you are allowed to take a minimum of 10mins to read things, as you did and decide.

not sure why you sent a CPR?? there is no court claim yet.

you need to send them the std snotty insulting letter you'll find in numerous threads here
    inc a bit about the 10mins grace period.

can you please put all those docs/pix in ONE multipage PDFicon
    read uploadicon.

I've removed your single page links else we'll be here all day downloading single pages.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Smart Parking PCN - Energie gym Sheldon Birmingham - now Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim

Thanks for your quick response dx100uk

Sorry about the photos wasnt sure how to do it last time i put pictures up on here we did it with Tinypic

I will draw up a letter then and see what happens

1 Date of the infringement[s] 20/12/17

2 Date on the NTK 11/01/18

3 Date received 13/01/18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? no

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] no
    Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Energie gymicon Sheldon Birmingham

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Ias

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Smart Parking PCN - Energie gym Sheldon Birmingham - now Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim

ah useless smart parking
    urm interesting
    you say no pixs on the NTK?
    then it cant be an ANPR capture then?
    but eitherway they are either out of time from the NTK if they claim it was ANPR
    or
    they are too soon, if they claim it was a vanishing windscreen ticket?

I wonder if this is a local taking pictures under commission [naughty under GDPRicon] and sending them in

can you get the NTK up please
    so we can have a laugh?
    before you do anything
    as ericsbrother can have a field day here with a good snotty letter for you..

thread title updated

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Smart Parking PCN - Energie gym Sheldon Birmingham - now Gladstones Solicitors Letter Before Claim

Who did the Gladstones letter before claimicon recommend that you sent your payment to?

Sorry there is the Picture of my number plate from the ANPR but only shows the reg
    I have some pictures but theyre not scanned in my Scanner is out of action at the moment

Gladstones have asked the payment to be made out to Debt Recovery Plus

Attached Images Attached Images

PDFicon only please and both sides - so we can zoom
    you can also use a mobile phone or digital camera
    read uploadicon

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Gladstones have asked that payment be made to Drips.
    That means the letter came from Drips using Gladstones headed paper. Just shows the kind of crooks they are.

sorry guys was having a mare with the PDFicon conversion. kept crashing after 30 minutes waiting. Think ive sorted it now with an app on my phone.
    Let me know if theyre ok

sorry wrong thread

try again.

time for the snotty/insulting letter in many threads here
    mention stay was under the min 10mins

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Tell gladstones that
    "no contract was entered into for several reasons and in any case their clients havent complied withe their ATA code of practice and allowed a minimum of 10 minutes grace period. Gladstones should speak to Will and John at the IPC and get them to tell Smart that they have no cause for action and any court claim will result in another epic fail for Gladstones for a multitude of reasons that will all be brought out at the time."

you may not appreciate the context of this but they certainly will. Smart have failed to create a liability, the NTK isnt POFA compliant and the signage is pants. I would also bet they dont have the correct permissions to be there either.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details