Westcot - Debt Recovery for Paypal

j_tord
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I will try and explain the scenario that took place between my wife and PayPal as best I can.

One morning, my wife was contacted via Facebook messenger by who she believed to be a colleague at her workplace. This was before Christmas and the colleague explained that her PayPal account had restrictions on it and asked if my wife could accept money into her PayPal account for items the colleague had sold to help with the cost of Christmas.

Being the ever pleasing colleague she agreed.

After the money appeared in my wife's PayPal account, she was instructed to then withdraw to her own bank account and then transfer the money to another bank account provided by the work colleague. This was all completed without any issues.

She arrived at her work that morning to be told by her colleague that there was never any request to move money by her and that her Facebook account was hacked.

There were two payments made in to my wife's account, both approximately £490 pounds. All money had passed through so we though it was very strange, maybe laundering, but just moved on as our own money wasn't at risk.

A few days later however the second payment of £490 was declined, leaving my wife £490 down. We didn't really understand what happened but we assumed the account from which the funds were sent was either hacked as well or they were dodgy too.

We contacted our bank to find out where the final destination of these funds went, and to log a case of fraud, but it was a German, online bank and they have yet to enter successfully into dialogue with our bank, so nothing is progressing. And we don't expect it to get anywhere.

We now have the PayPal debt collection agency chasing her which we are not happy about. We are also not happy about the fact that no one at PayPal, the bank or any of the other fraud organisations is willing to look into the case in any more detail, despite this transpiring to be quite a common [problem].

Should we stick to our guns regarding this or will that be futile?

Do Westcot and/or PayPal take these kind of things to court?

Will this effect my wife's credit?

I would also like to point out that all conversations that took place on Facebook etc have been recorded and ready to be shown to anyone who needs to see them....

Thanks in advance.

James

there is another thread about the same thing here so the advice is the same, you report it to actionfraud and get a crime number, which you give to paypal. that will stop them in their tracks unless they can show that your wife conspired to defraud rather than just falling for a confidence trick that is actually quite well known.

i'm sure that actionfraud will give you suitable contact details for paypal Uk and they can tell wetcloths to wind their necks in

And the bottom line is now ignore everything

Paypal dont do court

Dont report to credit files

No dca has any legal powers

They are not BAILIFFS

On any debt

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...