style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Wondering if I can find out if I have a Liability order. I left the UK 8 years ago and I am planning to return. I did have a dispute with the Council at the time of departure. As far as I understand it, the LO does not appear on the credit file. Is there another way of finding out. I really to not to get into a phone conversation again with the council after all these years. Thanks

LO do not appear on your Credit File at all. The only real definitive way to find out is to speak to the Council. Or come back take the chance and hope at some stage in the future the Bailiff doesn't come knocking.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mmm. Thanks Ploddertom. Guess I will bite the bullet and phone the Council. If it was passed to the Bailiff, after 8 years I guess I might be in trouble. Do they keep the case file that long? Charges........? Perhaps I do not want to know the answer! Thanks anyway.

Just so that you are aware - providing a Liability Order is obtained within 6 years of it becoming due then it never becomes Statute Barred and there is the odd instance of LO's from the 1990s still being chased now. As Councils look for more money hey do turn to historic debts to see if they can get a result. Of course if you are returning to the same area it would make their job easier to find you whereas if you moved away then it would become a little harder but as you would have to register for both Council Tax and/or Electoral Roll it would only be a matter of time.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]