X4l Avoid admin fee and still use gym?

gjash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just found myself in a situation, whereby I was caught without money in my account on the day by DD was due - and now I'm being charged the £25.

However, I would like to carry on using the gym, - and not pay the £25 - is that possible?

Very annoyed, as I really am enjoying the gym - particularly because it's a good hobby when I don't have much money!

However, my integrity is swelling, and I can't bring myself to let them rob me.

without cancelling the DD there is little you can do to prevent harlands from grabbing the unlawful fee.

see what slick132 suggests..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Gjash and welcome to CAG

If you leave the DD active, Harlands will use it to collect their admin fee plus the ongoing monthly fees. So, if you want to continue to use the gym, you may have to pay Harlands fee.

If you can't afford this, you must cancel the DD mandate immediately or Harlands WILL try to use it to collect what they want.

Also, if the DD bounces as UNPAID, your bank will also stitch you up with THEIR admin fee each time.

Asking the gym manager or Head Office to intervene and tell Harlands to clear off is not going to work. The gym would leave you to rot in Harland's Hell !!

If you can't afford, or don't want, to pay the admin fee - cancel the DD mandate and we'll help you deal with Harlands and the abuse you'll get from them and CRS (their DCA alter-ego).

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)