Shipperless Gas Supply NO MPRN can't get supplier...HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I hope all is well.

I have been trying to regsiter for a gas supplier.

I have called around all the big suppliers and was told that they didn't supply my property as there was no meter point reference number.

Having done some research online I discovered I could all XOSERVE to find out my MPRN so I could regsiter for a gas supplier.

XOSERVE have said that due to an admin error from the previous supplier to my flat that I was not registered on their system and to contact any of the energy suppliers and sign up with them which didn't help at all.

I have gone back to all the big energy suppliers explaining the circumstances and non of them seem to understand and they have all said again they can't supply my propery because I dont have a MPRN!!!

I would be very grateful if anybody who has dealt with this situation before could give me some advice on how I get a MPRN in order to sign up with an energy supplier?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many Thanks,

Frank

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

any old bill will show it

or does your landlord know it?

there used to be a Transco or national grid number you could call nut im not sure if they operate now.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't have an old bill I have recently moved in and I rang XOSERVE who manage the network and they couldn't help.

It would seem like this is a frequent problem for the engergy companies yet they don't seem to know what i'm going on about.

I'm really stuck and the landlord is no use he has just said contact a supplier as well.

I dont know what to do?

Thanks,

Frank

but do take a picture of the meter showing the current reading, and ensure you have logged the detail of your attempts to resolve this.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Request as if a new connection for a gas supply and put it in writing to cover your self and send it to your preferred supplier i.e. whoever offers you the best deal as if you already have a meter. They can back bill you for I think up to 2 years as they work out an estimate based on what a similar size flat would have used in the period of a year. I know that they do this for electric and it can be real hassle getting a supply registered.

back billing is set in stone at 1 year and with a shipperless supply they will find it more bother than it is worth to try that.

As you have recently moved there you should have your opening meter readings anyway so that will limit their attempts to make you liable for all of the gas in the world.

If not then you take a meter reading now and then another in about a fortnight and use that to estimate the consumption from when you moved in. Tell them that your new home made estimate is the actual reading if they get shirty.

easy to make a decent job of this, if current meter reading is say 1000 and in a fortnight it is 1066 then you are using 4.71 units/day so just calculate how many days you have neen there and multiply 4.71 by the number of days and subtract the answer from the current reading (1000 in example). needless to say I have used arbitrary units.

Good suggestion but they can't use that method over a year as at the moment heating will be on so bill may be very large an inaccurate. They look at other similar flats to get an estimate. Normally those bills are fairly accurate to within a couple of units. Done this on several occasions when we came across an unregistered MPAN that never existed on the system.

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

I need some help please.

I have lived in my flat for 7.5 years and have paid all the bills rent, council tax, water, electric etc for the whole time I have lived here.

I tried to register will all the major suppliers when I first moved in and they all told me they didn't supply gas to the flat. I have tried multiple times over the years to get the meter point reference number and register with no luck.

As I knew I wasn't paying for the gas as I didn't have a supplier, I have barely used anything in 7.5 years. Most of the appliances are electric and the shower and cooker are both electric so my usage is virtually nothing.

I have really started to worry about it lately as it's been such a long time and I wan't to move out soon, and I don't want this to come back and haunt me at a later point.

I have got my original contract with all the readings on from when I moved in and have taken pictures of the reading periodically over the years let say at least three a year so I can demonstrate my usage is very low.

I decided to try and regsiter again today and I spoke with the energy supplier over the phone and was told the usual line that they don't supply the property, however I had spoken with the new connections team first and he had actually managed to find my meter point reference number and said the problem was that there is no supplier registered and to call the sales team and they could register me.

I rang the sales team and said I wanted to take the dual fuel option and I was going to join today and move from my current supplier for electricity as well. I went through the application over the phone and he told me the gas bill would be £286 per year, and there is no way I have used this much energy annually in the time I have lived in the flat.

I was asked who my current supplier was and I explained it was shipperless and that I needed to register and he said so how long have you lived in the property and I panicked and said around a year.

I know this was very stupid thing to do and honesty is always the best policy however I was terrified that I was going to have to pay all this money immediately when I don't have it and I had tried many times over the years to rectify this issue.

I went ahead with the registration and I got a confirmation email to say they were going to try and register my energy accounts however I assume this wont be possible as there is no supplier registered.

In trying to sort this issue out I have made it infineltly worse. I'm prepared to pay for all my usuage because I have made the point of using virtually no gas in the whole time I have lived here.

I don't use the gas central heating, the cooker and shower etc are all electric.

I don't know what to do, I tried to call back to explain I had got the dates wrong and I need to back date the bill based on my actual usage but they had closed for the day.

Please can anybody offer me any advice on what to do as I have saved a little money to sort this problem, and all I want to do is pay the bill so it isn't hanging over my head.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Frank

Frank you have nothing to worry about really.  They have now found the meter reference and as there is no current suppliers registered, they will simply bill you for usage going forward.  The £286 annual usage is purely an estimate and if you send meter readings, they can adjust the amount.

If you receive any letters regarding any backbilling, then come back for advice. I would not worry about you telling them that you have lived there only a year.  This should not be a problem, as normally any backbilling should be for a year based on estimated usage or readings you can supply.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Try not to, as you should not have had this meter issue in the first place. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

i'd not say anything

no-one can get you for anything previous to the day you signed up anyway.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It says in the email its going to take till the 30th of August to confirm everything?

Also they did a credit check on me which I passed as I don't have any debt and this doesnt shown on my credit file?

I'm not sure if I should call and cancel and then start again from the beginning.

Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to get into trouble all I have I wanted from the start is pay the bill and it simply wasn't possible.

Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate you taking the time to help on a saturday night.

you had no supplier to bill you.

your contract starts from the date you sign up to them suppling you..end of.

dx

and they

Thank you, to be honest i'm worried sick about this.

I'm not sure if I should cancel the contract with the supplier.

Also they said they were carrying out a credit check on me and nothing shows up and this seems very odd.

Waiting till the 30th of August to learn the outcome is is causing my huge anxiety.

Have you dealt with any other cases where there was no registered gas supplier and they tried to register and what the outcome was?

Thanks! 

will you stop panicking about nothing please

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to submit the gas meter reading to the supplier and again it says that they are not able to take the meter reading at this point even though they have the MPRN. I'm not sure where I stand, and what happens when the supplier try's to register the meter onto the system.

My uasage is virtually nothing for Gas and I have the initial reading from when I first moved in and have taken picutres of the meter reading periodically to evidence how much I have used. My main concern is that the meter is registered onto the system and the bill is backdated based on estimates and not actual usage.

I'm happy to pay for what I have used, the only time gas is used is to heat the water everything else is electirc shower, cooker etc.

I will keep you updated and hopefully I may be able to find a resolution as this whole situtation has caused me nothing but worry and anxiety!

As with any new customer, they normally want the first meter reading to be done by themselves or the company they employ to do meter readings.

Nothing to be concerned about this, as it sounds perfectly normal.

Hi

If you are still trying to find out your MPRN try this Ofgem link (got to no 2):

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/connections-and-moving-home/who-my-gas-or-electricity-supplier

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi Frank,

I just want to give you some reassurance as I work in the energy industry and I am familiar with Shipperless gas sites.

If you have agreed a contract with a supplier and they are now supplying you they CANNOT bill you for any gas used before they started supplying your property, they can only charge you for gas used since your supply start date, all the gas you have used while the site has been shipperless has been for free.

Edited by D5 Wes