Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default PRA - Old Quick Quid Debt

Hi

Looking for some advice on how to approach my situation

. I had a quickquid loan back in in 2012 and the last loan i had was August 2012.

PRA have ownership of this debt and have have today sent me a statement of my account that correctly shows the agreement date as August 2012.

I set up a payment plan with quickquid and have the default notice on email showing the date of 26 September 2012 but my credit file shows 26 March 2014.

I have previously taken out a dispute with the credit reference agency Noodle and they have contacted PRA who have said the date is correct.

Where do I go with this as the debt is over 6 yearsicon old and the default date is incorrect on my credit file.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Macker16

Default Re: PRA - Old Quick Quid Debt

Do you have proof the default date is incorrect? If so, copy that to the CRAicon, or else SARicon QQ

Do you mean prac not pra?

Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    Do you have proof the default date is incorrect? If so, copy that to the CRAicon, or else SARicon QQ
    The only proof I have that shows the date to be incorrect is the default notice that quickquid sent me via email and also my bank statements that shows that no more payments have ever been made.

There was never any payments or communication with Pra so totally confused as to where the date has come from but I know 100% that it is now over 6yrs old and should not be appearing on my credit file but because of the wrong date it is.

It's not really ever worth complaining to the CRAicon provider

The DN is not a guarantee that the OF must file Then, just a warning they now can

Have you the date of sale to PRA via notice of assignment or did they goto another address?

I have no other paperwork from Pra other than a statement of account which only shows the agreement date and how much is owed.
    I don't recall seeing a notice of assignment.

just type no need for reply with quote every time.

have you moved since taking the loan out?

was you credit file littered with defaults and other PDL's at the time?
    if it was ...QQ usually readily bow to an irresponsible lending complaint that could see the whole thing wiped and poss money yo your pocket or off the balance.
    . and ofcourse they've been hit by the regulators numerous times .

bottom line is
    if you can prove what you are saying
    you write to QQ enclosing the DN copy and demand the file be correctly updated with all 3 Credit agencies
    else outside of 14 days, with no further recourse to QQ you will start a serious complaint with the ICOicon and seek financial compo too.

At the time I had other PDL's and in the past 3 months I have already contacted QQ about this but they say it was all done correctly so I am now going to escalate that to the Ombudsmanicon to deal with but first need to get my bank statements as its over 6years old.

I will write to QQ. Thank you for all advice given, much appreciated.

Macker16

are PRA aware of this IRL claim

No PRA are not aware, I have not had any communication with PRA.

If they get silly they need telling

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details