Zazzle.co.uk TAX

youlsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an account with Zazzle.co.uk (but i think US company) and upload designs which are placed on products that people can buy. Once sold, I get a royalty on the product, eg 10% from a £20 tshirt.

I am want to withdraw funds but I need to complete a form that mentions a tax treaty between the US and UK. I can choose to not complete this section BUT will lose 30% for tax.

Or I can claim of Tax Treaty Benefits, but the info from them is vague. I've attached the form that I need to complete (I think?).

Does anyone know where I can find more info about this tax treaty??

Any help appreciated.

fw8benZAZZLE.pdf

are you registered as self employed with HMRC? if so you will have a code that you can enter into the relevnat both. It was known as your TURN ( trader unique reference number) and if you trade abroad you can apply for a pseudo TURN vat number or EORTHI

as for special rates, you need to look that up.

Also are your customers US based or elsewhwere? Chances are you have no association with the US so they are just being lazy ( and possibly unfairly profiting) by applying this demand.

I also note they have a eu office in Eire so that makes me really wonder about whether their demands and tax witholding are right.

Edited by ericsbrother