JDW Car clamped for non payment of PCN - can i claimback fees 4yrs later?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Saw my car with a clamp on it this morning and found out it was due for non payment of a PCN which I appealed against.

Now i never received the council's response to my appeal and the only letter i recently received was on the Wednesday

( which i was told by the enforcement office, was hand delivered! which I think was posted via royal mail)

The letter from the bailiffs stated i owe £200 as the for the PCN and court an legal fee due immediately.

I was actually going to response to their letter today, but then saw the car clamped and i was charged £438 which had to be paid within 2 hours otherwise it would have been towed away at an additional charge. Had no choice but to pay and now am fuming over this ridicules fee which i cannot afford at the moment.

Apparently once it goes to court, I don't get the court's decision and goes straight to a bailiff.

Would appreciate advise on how i can take some of the charges back.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

They cant demand it within 2 hours of clamping. There are rules they have to follow.

Can you give a breakdown of everything thats happened and a list of charges they levied and what for.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I received a letter dated 26/01 for an amount of £203.

only received this letter on Wednesday.

I did not have a chance to respond and was on my list of things to do for today.

Unfortunately, I was unlucky and they already clamped me this morning at 8 am and I had to pay £438.

The enforcement agent told me there is a time limit and the car will be towed away ( he mentioned 2 hours)

had no other choice at the time as it was my first time being clamped.

He also mentioned there was a hand-delivered letter on the 5th Feb to my address warning me about the charges and possible action which I never received either.

I also learned they will only clamp your car around CCTV so they monitor any fiddling with the clamp and the chain.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Which bailiffs is it? The last part is fiction. They can and will clamp anywhere they can. They dont need to monitor it. If they come back and the clamps gone or damaged, thats their evidence.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

did you moved after sending in your appeal to the council?

seems strange you didn't hear anything nor chase it up?

you might find this thread useful to read ..

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?488961-Help!-Bailiff-took-my-car-today-for-unpaid-PCN-%96-is-this-PE2-acceptable

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you moved after sending in your appeal to the council?

seems strange you didn't hear anything nor chase it up?

haven't moved ! i didn't hear anything so i decided not to chase it.

- - - Updated - - -

Which bailiffs is it? The last part is fiction. They can and will clamp anywhere they can. They dont need to monitor it. If they come back and the clamps gone or damaged, thats their evidence.

called JBW

So £75 enforcement notice

Then £210 visit fee

Did you read that thread?

You might have recourse here

But youll have to wait till monday to ring the council now

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have read the thread, but that was a mistake on change of address from their side. can't see how it helps my situation.

Will can the council on Monday morning to see what option I have but I doubt they will offer any solutions. Who do I have to get involved as help, my MP or the borough which the PCN was issued?

I'm confused over the chain of events here. Is it possible you can give a listing of dates and what happened please?

Incidentally a Bailiff may immobilise a vehicle and come back 2 hours later to remove it. The 2 hours is to allow you to try and get payment.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was pointing to the fact that poster had not received his appeal refusal and where did the council send yoursthen?

there might be chance this can be rolled back.

thread moved to the bailiff forum.

dx

and they

Just for completeness, you haven't moved address or anything since you had the Penaty, and what was it for?

- - - Updated - - -

Just for completeness, you haven't moved address or anything since you had the Penaty, and what was the PCN for?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have read the thread, but that was a mistake on change of address from their side. can't see how it helps my situation.

I am confused by the above?

If you had not received any previous notices then it can ONLY be because all statutory notices from the local authority had been sent to a different address. What you need to do is to find out the contravention date. Next, you need to get your V5C (Log Book) in front of you. You need to look at page two and go down to the very bottom left hand corner where you will find a small box entitled Doc.Ref. There will be a date in the box. Can you let us know both dates (date of contravention and Doc.Ref date)

the date of contravention was the 2nd June 2018. I appealed against this PCN online from their website. can't find my v5 and can't see the box on a copy I have.

I called the council and initially, they told me to contact the bailiffs as the case is now with them. I insisted to talk to someone from the council and they gave me a council liaison number which I have to call back tomorrow

can't find my v5 and can't see the box on a copy I have.

You mention that you have located a COPY of the V5C but that that you cannot see the DOC.Ref box. Are you looking at the front page 1 of the V5C or do you have a copy of page 2?

If you do have a copy of Page 2, then you will find the small box at the very bottom left hand side.

Carefully read post 14 again

You are trying to establish if they knew your correct address by examining those dates are you not ?

and they

• 3 years later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to JDW Car clamped for non payment of PCN

which of your threads is it?

joox's Content - Consumer Action Group

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to JDW Car clamped for non payment of PCN - can i claimback fees 4yrs later?

threads merged for full story

why do you think you can now get fees back 4yrs later?

dx

and they

why do you think they ARE EXCESSIVE?

dx

and they