Helix collections DCA - Quick Fit car ins debt 2016 after writing my car off

Coglan999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had car insurance with Quick Fit back in 2016 and after writing my car off I cancelled my direct debit as I didnt have a car to be insured.

I have just noticed an email in my junk mail from Helix Collections chasing me for the "debt" which is now £200 when i think i only owed about £50 to Quick Fit.

they have emailed twice in the past two weeks threatening further action and offering a 20% discount.

Shall i just keep on ignoring them??

HERE'S THE LATES EMAIL....

Our Ref: XXXXXXXX

Debt Type: Kwik-Fit Car Insurance

Client Ref: XXXXXXXX

Balance: �198.28

Telephone: 0203 096 XXXX (Calls are recorded)

OFFICE HOURS 9AM TO 7PM MON - FRI 9AM 1PM SAT

Dear Mr XXXX XXXXXXXX

SETTLEMENT OFFER TO AVOID FURTHER ACTION

We write again regarding the below vehicle, reference to the debt for �198.28 registered in your name for a Credit Agreement you had for car Insurance, which was underwritten by Kwik Fit Insurance, on a VAUXHALL on Reg XXX XXXX, which remains outstanding despite our best efforts to date no reasons relating to your circumstances has been given by you or an authorised third party.

However, to stop the need for further collection activity, we are willing to work with you on an affordable payment plan, depending on affordability and if you are up to date with your priority debts, we have suggested an option below but are happy to discuss other options.

25% DISCOUNT. We are willing to accept the sum of �148.71, to settle your contractual defaulted debt, once this sum has been received the debt is cleared in full.

Repayment plans

We can offer repayment plans over 6 instalments of �24.79

Maintaining payments or settling your account will be positively reflected if your debt is registered with the Credit Reference Agencies.

TO MAKE PAYMENT

All payments through the post should be made payable to Hellix Limited with our reference number clearly stated at all times. You can make payment by Standing Order, or if your bank account allows by On-line or telephone banking Quoting Account Number 08763317 Sort Code 09-01-28 and our reference number, you can also make payment at any Santander Branch with our above bank details.

Payments can be made by calling 020 3096 5899

Yours sincerely

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yes ignore

check you credit file has not been trashed mind.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had car insurance with Quick Fit back in 2016 and after writing my car off I cancelled my direct debit as I didnt have a car to be insured.

You may need to check the terms of the insurance credit agreement, some companies require the full annual payment to be made in the case of a write off. That could be what Helix are dealing with.

can they do that without me going to court?? theyve never written to me

yes!!

and I hope they have your correct and current address

if not you risk a backdoor CCJ too!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

paying insurance in monthly instalments only spreads the cost of the annual premium, it doesn't create a contract for insuring your car on a monthly basis so when your car was written off you should have paid the outstanding balance of the annual premium.

What i dont understand is why they paid out the claim without deducting the insurance premiums first- perhaps because they make more money from the credit agreement than they do from the policy- so something to look into when you dig out the paperwork on the claim.

So you owe Quickfit some money but that doesn't allow some third party to add an imaginary tax to this sum so you can just send a cheque for the balance of the premium to quick fit as settlement of the debt and if they reject that payment they cant start a court claim as they are clobbered by what is known as mitigating a debt.

Edited by Andyorch
Typos Paras