First Plus to Elderbridge Loan!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning Everyone,

I have decided to try help my family members out looking into what I believe is a secured loan.

Apparently it first got taken out in 2007 with First Plus and it is now with Elderbridge.

They have been paying the payments as usual for the last 12 years.

The amount borrowed was £25,000 and after paying for 12 years the settlement figure is £20,000.

How can this be possible!

I sent Elderbridge a SAR request and all they have sent is a 5 page statement of payments since the loan was taken out.

Now I am by no means an expert but surely a lot more information should have been sent!

They got absolutely nothing else.

What kind of things should I be saying in the next letter?

Also was I right that you no longer need to pay the £10?

They are willing to pay it but I just thought I had read somewhere that this was not required anymore.

Any help would be appreciated,

Kind regards

Tink

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Yes the request is now free Tink...are the no calculations of what interest is being applied monthly ?

May be prudent to send a section 77 request for a copy of the agreement and T&Cs (Request template can be found in the Library)

I assume this is a regulated CCA agreement (2007) ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying. I assume it is a regulated CCA agreement although at the minute all I have got to go on is this statement which is just a few pages. It does mention " Your Mortgage is a repayment mortgage" I was under the impression from them this was a secured loan. Sorry If I am being slightly stupid - as I mentioned before I'm certainly no expert at this kind of stuff.

The statements say: Payment due by direct debit: £240 and then interest £219 so basically does this mean they've only been actually paying £21 per month towards the payment?

In the meantime I will look at the templates for the section 77. Do I also write again reminding them the time has lapsed on the SAR request?

Thanks

Tink

Didn't you say that they had responded to DSAR?

" all they have sent is a 5 page statement of payments since the loan was taken out "

Ideally you should have sent it to First Plus ...the original creditor.

Section 77 request.....

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974-**Updated-January-2015**

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dx - had a good read!

Am I right in saying I should be writing back to Elderbridge and asking for the rest of the information requested on the SAR, not just a statement. Apparently there was PPI added on but absolutely no mention of this in the statements.

Also should I have sent this to First Plus in the first instance and not Elderbridge.

I have sent the section 77 request as you advised though also.

Many thanks!

yes try 1st plus

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am also an Elderbridge / First Plus customer ,

I have just paid off my initial loan ( around £ 35k ) after many years

I am told I still owe £ 12k in interest ..

I asked for an early settlement figure and have been told there is no discount for early settlement on interest ?

I have made a complaint to Elderbridge today

they advised me that Barclays were looking at what has been described as unfair interest rates and that a decision whether customers would be compensated or not is imminent ...

I would advise anyone who is not happy to contact Elderbridge asap as they said they had only received a few complaints regarding the high interest rates , and like anything the more people that shout the more we may be heard ?

Worth a go I believe .

they'll always say that!!

and they

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello I have a first plus now elderbridge loan which I took out in 2007. Two years ago I suffered a fall and to cut a long story short an unable to work. I apparently still owe them about 55k. I am having to put my home up for rent. I assume the way the loan works is I pay off the interest first but this is a hell of an amount for a 38k loan. Live on my own and have kept this bombshell to myself. The sum is so vast what could anyone do anyway? Feel cornered, desperate and very worried. I am 61 and not able to work.

Please create your own topic

Hit create in the top red toolbar

and they