lowell Claimform - OH's old EON util debt ***Claim Discontinued***

andrew1402
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Just need a little help again with my wife's debt by EON apparently here goes.

a few months back Lowell came on the seen chasing an apparent debt from EON as stated above

as far as we are aware EON has always been in my name never my Wife's

it's for £160 yet my wife has checked her credit report and nothing there about EON or Lowell.

Now Lowell are apparently deciding whether to take legal action and kindly showed us what the proceeding would be if they decided to take legal action is this legal as we have no knowledge of the debt? but they have an account number?

any help with this please and hope it makes sense

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would query the account number with EON, their billing system is garbage, and possibly someone with your wife's initial and your suname has an account in default. Is the account number your's?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Moved to The utils forum

What letters have you had and have you replied?

Scan everything up to one pdf file

Read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Silly old lowlifes stillscraping the bottom of the barrel....

IGNORE Lowlifes, absolutely zero they can do, less for send out reams of garbage, get onto EON direct, and have them account for why this tin pot circus outfit is begging for money from your wife.

Have you ever been with EON?

What date does this refer to?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

" as far as we are aware EON has always been in my name never my Wife's "

So if the account is in your name.....do you know what the debt is....? Have you left EON for a new supplier ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

no Andy I've always been with EON and the debt is in my wife's name and doesn't show up on her credit file that's my dispute is there a letter I can send to EON and to Lowell Financial?

Sorry forgot to add the amount of debt it is £166.64

Have you ever been with EON? I'm with EON with Electric as prepay meter have been since we moved in in 2005

What date does this refer to? May 2014 I think

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Well there not going to get very far then if the account was in your name....ignore them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The account in question is in my wife's name though seems a separate account,come to think of it though my wife I think tried to get a gas account with them and couldn't because of credit then they offered to change meter to pre paid but couldn't be fitted but can't be certain because I've been with SSE for along time.

Hope that makes sense ?

Your story seems to be wandering.....

" as far as we are aware EON has always been in my name never my Wife's "

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely ...if they have never been your supplier.

also as far as we know of we have never had a letter of Eon regarding this bill and nothing showing on mine or my wife's credit report so what should I do next? do I write to EON CEO or whatever as if I ring them direct i'll just get some salesperson or clerk

Edited by andrew1402

I doubt EON would converse with you as they are no longer the owner of the debt.....Ring Lowell and put it into dispute tell them you have never been a customer of EON and its a case of mistaken identity ?

it's not mistaken identity though it's in my wife's name she tried to get an account for gas with them they ask for £200 for some credit check she said couldn't afford it so they offered to put a pre paid meter in but turned out couldn't be fitted but still charged us by the looks of it also I've been told many times do not ring Lowell I'm sorry if I've mislead the thread i'm just remembering what happened

Well in that case just ignore Lowell they have no documents to prove the debt so I doubt anything will ever come of it....retain all the paperwork though for future reference.

Well retain the one document referred to in post#1 of this thread.

Just ignore them until they or you have some idea of what's going on and can then get advice on what to do next.

It seems, you have no idea what they're after, and neither do they, and until such time one or the other divulges the entire story everyone will go round and round.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

I am hoping someone will be able to give my wife some advice, 

They received a letter from Lowell regarding pre-legal assessments dated 4th March 2019 with regards to a debt that is not on their credit file

This letter was sent to her in her married name. 

today they have been sent a letter from lowell solicitors dated 15th May 2019 with regards to the same debt

this time its in her maiden name threatening court action and court costs. 

We have looked at both letters with her married name and maiden name and its the same debt with the same amount and account number.

They are unsure what is best to do as we have been married 17 years and can not understand why they have gone from using her married name to now using her maiden name.

What type of debt ?

last payment made approximately ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

has she moved since taking this credit out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How old is the debt and what type, Credit card, Store Card Catalogue ?

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

No payment has been made on this debt as my wife didn't know it existed until she received a letter from Lowell stating she owed the money. 

The debt is owed to Eon from 2014. 

However, I have always had the utility bills in my name. 

We moved into our current home in 2006 so she is still confused about how she can have the same request from Lowell in both her maiden name and her married name (we got married in 2002)

Could be a faulty trace, or a wrong entry on a CRA file, has she checked her credit record, if not do so, Noddle and Clearscore are free.