Partners Bar working hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this may or may not be the right place to post I apologize if so....

ive been banned from my partners work on the terms "my partner works there" it is a bar/restaurant,

I have never caused damage to the property,

I have never threatened, harassed, provoked any member of staff or customer,

I have been completely faithful, honest and haven't been a pain the backside,

is this discrimination ?

I feel its a unfair and pathetic reason to ask someone not to come in.

Also on the other-side of things my partner is getting sick of finishing work at 23:00 pm to 12:00am and being made to return to work at 7:30am, I understand the law is 11 hours break.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

thread title updated for clarity

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think you need to stay out of it and let her handle it. They can bar anyone they want for any reason they want from their premises so long as it isnt discriminatory. For example such things as disability, race, religion etc.

Chances are they have told you not to attend as youre distracting your partner or causing her to be delayed in some tasks shes had. Some places can be pretty strict on those things, especially if it means other customers are waiting due to it.

Regarding her work hours, have a look at https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work. You could also report them if its a long term thing thats going on. However, your partner needs to do this and not you, as it coul dcause her trouble such as losing her job if you get involved and things arent handled correctly.

I know youre upset but you both need to approach this properly. Not abusively like you have in your post and original thread title.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This is not unusual in the bar trade.

Discrimination? no, the licencee has every right to not serve you without giving reasons for refusing.( apart form discrimination as already outlined)

people can opt out of the working hours directive and many do and work double shifts or back to back shifts on rotating shift patterns. How many hours per week does your partner work overall? that may have more leverage on the hours or shift patterns.

Support them rather than antagonising their employer, if your partner is upset or feels taken advantage of then they should take the matter up in the correct way and put it in writing that they expect to be given new shifts that fit in with the WTD. If they get bother over this then they can report the employer who will be publicly shamed by the govt if they dont change when ordered to.

However, the consequences can be long reaching so look at all options before pressing the nuclear button