PIP stopped completely after renewal/reassessment

Jj134
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my wife suffers from severe mental health issues and has been on PIP since 2013, in 2016 she received a renewal form and was awarded the same amount until the end of 2019. She received another renewal form at the end of last year which resulted in a face to face assessment with Capita in our home. She had a mental health professional/support worker present with her in the assessment who felt it went well. She has now received a letter saying she scored zero points and all her daily living component has been taken away. It's basically zero points for everything and it says her entitlement has been ended and she may even have to pay back some money. It says my carers allowance will be affected also. We have 2 young kids in the house which i provide the care for alongside my wife. I cannot go to work and leave the kids in her care all day because of her mental health but they are claiming she is not ill enough to receive the award anymore.

All of the answers she gave in the assessment were not fairly taken on board. For instance she told the woman she needed constant help with budgeting money and yet even on that they have scored zero points and it says "i have deemed you being able to budget money", "I have decided you are able to cook meals unprompted" and yet she specifically told her that she has to get me to cook her meals as her mental health symptoms stops her from doing so.

Can anyone tell me where to go from here? Does my income support now stop along with the carers? do i have to claim universal credit?

Don't understand why they have scored her zero points for everything including the questions she specifically told them no she can't do

Thank you for the reply. She is going to get some help from her mental health team with appealing it next week. But I understand the appeal takes some time so my question is what do we do for money in the mean time as carers allowance and income support has also been stopped we have no money to live on. Thanks