WOW Camera- faulty new Iphone not refunded or substituted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI All,

I need some advise. I have purchased a new iPhone from Wow Camera https://www.wowcamera.com/ on 17th January, the phone was received on 23rd January.

Managed to syncronised with my iTunes and then phone started switching off every minute or so. Called Apple who said to either have a new software installed in an Apple shop by they would recommend to have the phone changed.

Sent the phone back to Wow Camera without wiping the phone clean as couldn't as phone was switching off, my info were anyway protected by the pin code. Apple said this was ok as reseller can overwrite the phone bypassing the pin code. Wow camera has initially asked me access PIN of the phone which would give them access to all my emails message and so on. is now taking very long time to provide a new phone and or refunding the money as they say the phone as it is is just a piece of plastic.

They refusing to call apple to have information on how to wipe the phone. I am stuck with no phone, missing £720 and a lot of frustration. Please can you advise on my next step?

Yes, send them a letter before action.

Under the consumer rights act you are entitled to reject an item which you purchase and which manifests a defect within the first 30 days. It is called the short-term right to reject.

You have to assert this right and in order to do so you have to let them know – best in writing. Write them a recorded delivery letter and tell them that as they know, your telephone is defective and you are now asserting your short-term right to reject and you want a refund. Tell them that they are normally required to provide you with a refund within seven days. Tell them that this is a letter of claim and that you will see them within 14 days if the matter is not completely resolved.

Only send this letter if you are prepared to take this action. It is extremely easy and on the basis of what you say your chances of success are much better than 95%. If you are lucky they will put their hands up and pay you out quickly – but you may find that you have got to issue the action. If you do have to issue the papers then you will be up to recover the cost of your phone, plus the cost associated with returning it – if any plus your court fees plus interest.

Don't worry about all there business about unlocking the data blah blah blah. The item is defective and they have to accept it as it is.

If you want to do this then send the letter and then come back here and we will help you through the next step. Don't accept any excuses. Don't get drawn into protracted correspondence

By the way, how did you pay them?

You are required to give them 14 days notice before taking a legal action.

Yes you should involve the credit card company as well.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread