Lost parcel through parcels2go

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used parcels2go to send a loaded guitar body, it went with hermes, the order was placed on the 6th Jan it never arrived at its destination which was no later than the 14th Jan, i paid extra for insurance and it was insured for £70, when i enquired its whereabouts some one at parcels2go said they would look into it and get back to me within two days which they didn’t, so i contacted them again, they then opened an enquiry to find out where my parcel was which they then said they would contact me by the 30th, again they didn’t do that either so i contacted them again and was told they are still waiting for contact from hermes, i get the distinct feeling i am being given the run around here, i already refunded the customer when i realised his parcel had gone missing at the hermes London depot, is there anything i can do about this or do i sit around and just wait, i think i have waited long enough myself.

Yes you have waited long enough and yes you are being given the runaround.

I think you really had a double whammy here because you have used both Parcels2go and Hermes. Have a look around the forum to see the stories that we have about both of these companies.

The only thing to do is to threaten Parcels2go with a legal action in the small claims court and give them 14 days and then sue. Don't make the threat if you don't intend to go ahead.

The likelihood is that Parcels2go will ignore your LBA but if you then go on to issue the court papers they are most likely to put their hands up. The chances of them going away to the hearing are extremely remote. If they did, then your chances of success are much better than 95%.

I used the P2G chat facility and got the same old replies till i told them i will be happy to take them to court, last night i got a mail from them saying the enquiry was now complete, and i must send them some paperwork and they will consider the claim, they wanted proof of posting, proof of the item being lost, and proof of price of the item, seeing the item was tracked and insured and it was them that told me the item was lost, it seems farcical to ask me for proof of loss, anyway i kept all receipts, conversations with buyer and proof of refund which has now all been uploaded to P2G, i will now wait to see what happens, if they pay out fine, if not i will be going through the courts, whatever i wont be using them again.

Send them the information they want but as part of a 14 day LBA. On the 15th day - issue the papers. Tell them that you will accept no delays and no excuses.

Stay tough with them. It is the only way with this company