was not hired due to been a male.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Yes bizarre, yet. I saw a job ad saying company is looking for a hospitality staff. Female preferred. I have all the experience they want and reference. No reply what so ever. The ad was posted on a website where companies people don't have to auth themselves.

I did send my CV and cover letter to their official email as per their website. No reply. If it was someone prank they would of replied by now?

I am thinking to bring this case to an employment tribunal. Copy of the ad exist in Google cache and some online archive sites. They also posted similar ad on another employment website.

What do you think?

Can you post the job description? Some jobs require a person to be a specific gender. Also, youd be very hard pressed to prove that you missed out on the job against everyone else that applied and that you should have been hired instead . For instance, they could simply say that the person they hired was better qualified and a better fit for the position.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No need to send any PM's. Post up the advert on this thread.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

No it says females preferred.

Its a big difference in law.

Example.

I could place an advert for my infirm mother asking for a carer female preferred.

Or one for my fathersaying females preferred

You need to grasp the fact that jobs are earned on merit not on a right and they don't have to employ you if they don't want to

Advert clearly indicates the desire to hire girl.

I don't think it is wise to post link here.

it's fine to post the link.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

No it says females preferred.

Its a big difference in law.

Example.

I could place an advert for my infirm mother asking for a carer female preferred.

Or one for my fathersaying females preferred

You need to grasp the fact that jobs are earned on merit not on a right and they don't have to employ you if they don't want to

It would be useful to see a link to the advert. "hospitality staff" can cover an awful lot of things. The advert itself may be illegal but that doesn't mean OP can demonstrate they weren't appointed because of gender discrimination. hospitality staff jobs can attract thousands of applications and most applicants won't even get an acknowledgement.

Your examples are rather different though sgtbush. Where someone is being recruited to provide "intimate personal care" in the home it's one of the exceptions where you can specify someone of the same sex as a "genuine occupational qualification"

I know, that's why I said my mother and then father.

What I didn't say was if it was intimate care. It could be to cook/shop/make a brew etc

Its all in what you can prove. The op sent in cv's and had no reply.

Didn't make the cv sift

Down to op now to prove it was a gender issue.

An advert saying females preferred is circumstantial but not proof.

They will need a lot more than that to make it stick

I think your ejust upset that you didnt get the job and someone else did. So youre looking at ways to "get back" at the prospective employer. You have yet to post up the advert despite being asked multiple times to do so.

I think the most they can do is to try and claim some competitor wrote those adverts.

Yeah.. cool story bro.

Link or it didn't happen.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The OP knew that his chances of getting the job was going to be zero but what if the ad didnt mention gender at all. Would he have been disappointed or would he think there was a bias in the process anyway?

Report the publisher to the ASA and let them deal with it. The resulting poor publicity might make the employer look at themselves.