Parking direct UK PCN - operator pictures - Acton Business centre london NW10 6TD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry but this is my first time doing this so bare with me.

I work for a catering company in which I load and unload stuff everytime with my own personal car. There is one sign that mentions of a 30 min loading time and there is also a parking sign in the exact same area.

On the Parking sign it mentions that you can park up to 1 hour.

I have been given a ticket by ParkDirectUK within the period of 10 minutes so this does not make any sense to me.

At the time I was loading and unloading taking things to and from the car. I think I have been provided this ticket unfairly and I think it is ridiculous,

I also spoke to another person who works within the same units me saying that he had also been provided a ticket 7 days ago for the exact same thing.

I will provide pictures which I hope will give you a better understanding. If you need anymore information please let me know.

Should I pay?

Should I ignore it?

Should I contest it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ridoftickets

Image.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-3.jpg

Image-4.jpg

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Please complete this..

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(4-Viewing)-nbsp

No you don't pay!!

And it's under 10 mins

And pop all your pics into one multipage pdf please read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you are in a Loading Bay, and you are unloading goods in connection with business and/or employment it is of no consequence what sort of vehicle is being used car or van, or artic it doesn't matter, you were using the bay for it's intended purpose. Park Direct along with other PPC's would and probably have issued Invoices aka parking Charge Notices to vans and trucks in loading bays.

They would be very silly to progress your case as far as court, as you were in the bay unloading goods to a business. Pointless appealing to these muppets and I'm sure the crew will provide excellent advice on this.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi

We do need to know whether PDUK are using PoFA in this case as IPC members usually don't meaning that only the driver is liable and not the keeper. You have no obligation to name the driver at any time.

The sign you have posted is clear to me that you can stay on the site for up to an hour but when in a loading bay, you only have 30 minutes.

Once we know the area where you unloaded (including postcode) we can check whether permissions have been applied for the signs.

It is pointless appealing to PDUK as they will reject you out of hand aand then if you went to the IAS (supposedly independent) you will get no joy there either as they are a biased appeals service.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Exactly.

Regardless of whether I was loading or not, I should be allowed a 1 hour stay according to the other sign, so either way I should have no ticket charge.

It's absolutely ridiculous, I kind of know the owner of the building, would it help speaking to him? It probably wouldn't make any difference if I did or not, because I refuse to pay this.

Hi Silverfox,

Whether I was in a loading bay for more than 30 mins or I was parked for an hour I should not have been issued a ticket in the post.

The 2 signs I showed are literally like 100cm apart, so its very contradicting.

Also the place where you can load and park shows a yellow type box junction but that has nothing to do with it surely? (just to add).

I will try and get a picture tomorrow when there are no cars/vans present so I can show you exactly what it looks like.

Would it be worth talking to the owner of the building or is that a waste of time?

I kind of know him but I'm not sure if there is anything he would be able to do in terms of dropping the charges?

I've spoken with him a few times and he knows my car.

do I just simply ignore this?

Bother contesting?

Thanks for the advice.

Ridoftickets

Edited by dx100uk
merge/quote

can you complete the link in post 2 please

copy and paste the relevant section questions back here and answer each one at the end

and also scan up what you got, both sides to ONE multipage PDF

read upload.

sany yellow paint on the tarmac on private land is purely tarmac graffiti and means nothing whatsoever.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Definitely don't pay it, and don't appeal, was the ticket on the windcreen, or a Notice To Keeper through the post?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Look, the loading sign belongs to the landlord/tenat of that building.

Park direct's "contract" for parking is separate to that offer/instruction for loading so isnt applicable as you ahve accpeted the landlords offer to unload. PD cnat enforce as 1) you werent there more than an hour ( the rest of their no doing this or that isnt an offer to aprk but a prohibition) and 2) the LL offer trumps theirs

As they are members of the IPC there is no point appealing so post up the full NTK they sent you for us the pick holes in but redact your personal info and their reference numbers

Edited by honeybee13
Paras, typos

Sorry guys, I have been so busy, I've not even had a chance to come on here and reply.

I'm still a little bit worried about ignoring the letter, I might just contest it, just to waste their time.

Is there any sort of guarantee that this PCN will be ignored?

and I won't be charged at all.

Scan_20190206.jpg

Scan_20190206 (2).jpg

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Sorry guys, I have been so busy, I've not even had a chance to come on here and reply. I'm still a little bit worried about ignoring the letter, I might just contest it, just to waste their time. Is there any sort of guarantee that this PCN will be ignored? and I won't be charged at all.

Dont contest it. Go back up the thread and fill in that link. I fyou appeal it, youll lose your pofa protection if not done right.

They cant do a single thing anyway.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Penalty. Sure they use that word...??

and they

1 Date of the infringement: 18/01/2019

2 Date on the NTK :23/01/2019

3 Date received: 23/01/2019

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] n

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? ParkDirectUK

You are allowed a minimum of 10 minutes in a car park without payment.

If they are correct that you are not allowed to park there then they have not offered you a contract to park.

So you have not broken their contract though you are guilty of trespass.

But the poor dears cannot sue you for trespass

- only the landowner can do that

.Stop worrying

do not pay the crooks and as they have not mentioned PoFA on their ticket, they cannot hold the keeper responsible for what they think is a debt.

Only the driver could possibly be liable but as they weren't offered a contract to park even they are not liable.

Parking Direct do know this but won't let that stop them from chasing you.

Just ignore them for the moment and do not appeal as you might give away who was driving.

Come back to us if they sterilize enough to threaten Court then let us know and we will

Advise.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

As expected, no mention of PoFA so only the driver of the vehicle can be chased. You are under no obligation to name the driver. In fact, anyone can drive your car with your permission and they have their own insurance or are a named person on your policy.

As this company are members of the IPC, any appeal you make to them will be rejected without even looking at the ticket and when they do reject you they say you can go to the IAS but that is also run by the IPC and it's an old boys club who have their members interests at heart and certainly not the motorists. These are the reasons why we say ignore, mainly because you may accidentally say something you may later regret.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

If they issued the ntk on 23rd . How did you receive it the same day?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

'none

until/unless you get a letter of/before claim' from one of their favourite paper only fake/tame solicitors.

dx

• Like 1

and they

Just my opinion. They cannot now rely on PoFA as the original demand wasn't made using PoFA. Chopping and changing isn't allowed.

wait until the Letter Before Action to arrive before going further.

If they are silly enough to try court they will fail with a properly defended claim.

the letter is an outright lie, they got their NTK so wrong they failed to create ANY liability so event he driver doesnt have to pay them. However, as with everything to do with provate parking co's they dont care and possibly dont understand so no point arguing with them as all they will think is that you do love them and will pay up if they ask you again.

let them waste their time and money wrting to you, the signs dont create a contract to break and they cant do joined up writing yet so stop fretting.

On 26/02/2019 at 11:05, silverfox1961 said:

Just my opinion. They cannot now rely on PoFA as the original demand wasn't made using PoFA. Chopping and changing isn't allowed.

wait until the Letter Before Action to arrive before going further.

I've never ignored these types of letters, this is the first time. If anything else happens after the 14 days I will let you know. Thank you for the advice, hope nothing happens :D

and what can they do if you ignore their made up deadline?

send you another letter threatening to kill some cute kittens if you dont pay up?

Look,

they dont want to go to court as they know that will cost them and it is very likely they will lose and that will cost them some more.

they are playing poker with a busted flush and they know it

otherwise they wouldnt need to tell you a pack of lies in their threatograms, they would just get on with things.

So do they have planning consent for their signage anyway?

It is very unlikely so that means they cant offer a contract even if they got the signage right,

used the correct phrases on their letters

and posted them in the correct time.

They are mostly ex-clampers or doormen that failed to get a SIA licence because they are too rubbish to do so and their only choice is this or window cleaning and they would then be up against people who can do that properly