Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help please!

i got a parking ticket from medway council for parking on a single yellow line, but you have to have a permit to park in particular places, i parked on a single yellow line as there was no where to park and i had my permit on the top of my windscreen! they are now saying i owe £85 and are gonna come and seek possesion or take goods!

am i at fault for parking on the single yellow line ?? or can i do something about this parking fine!

i don't have the original PCN though!

help please!

i got a parking ticket from medway council for parking on a single yellow line, but you have to have a permit to park in particular places, i parked on a single yellow line as there was no where to park and i had my permit on the top of my windscreen! they are now saying i owe £85 and are gonna come and seek possesion or take goods!

am i at fault for parking on the single yellow line ?? or can i do something about this parking fine!

This may help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/5232-your-parking-ticket-may.html?highlight=parking+tickets

help please!

Your post is a little confusing, did you have a permit to park there?

Right, forget the permit - it is irrelevant. It allows you to park in certain marked n bays but you admit that you were parked on a signe yellow line rather than one of those bays. That there was no free bay is also irrelevant.

If this is issued by Medway Council, I presume that it states that it is issued under the Road Traffic Act 1991 = it is a Penalty Charge Notice.

In this case, the referred thread is valid as there are some hurdles that the Council must clear in order for the ticket to be enforceable. It is also worth revisiting the site and checking that the lines fully comply with the regulations.