Cancelling Ashbourne mgmt membership issues

Nutri101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Heya,

Hoping I can get a bit of advice on the following.

I've emailed Ashbourne mgmt to cancel my gym membership. I signed up in December 2017 with 3 months free and then started my 12 months in March 2018. My final payment is due to come on 1st of Feb 2019 at which point I would then cancel my DD. They have replied saying I have to pay a 3 months notice fee so will pay up until May. This sounds ludicrous but would I be in my right to just cancel my DD after Feb?

Unfortunately, I've looked everywhere and can't find my contract and they have ignored my request to send another one:evil:

Suddenly remembering why I never wanted to join gym in the first place.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Have a read of the gym forum on here. Youll find hundreds of people with the same issue as you, and how to easily get rid of them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you've told them yo are leaving all that requires is ONE month payment following that.

zero they can do

gyms don't do court

gym debt don't appear on credit file

any dca they use are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Nutri and welcome to CAG

Please confirm, is this Ashbourne Mgt Services Ltd. If not, tell the exact full name.

If it is AMSL, they are out on a limb requiring 3 month's notice and you should cancel the DD mandate when the 12th fee has been collected.

Let us know what they do or say when they're told the DD has been cancelled and do NOT get involved with any further exchanges with them. Stay OFF the phone as you need to keep everything in writing only.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Everyone, thanks for the responses. It is Ashbourne Mgmt limited services. Sorry the confusion. I think I'm going to cancel after the first of February and let them know when I have done so. Although I have already informed them this will be happening and they replied with the 3 months payment request.

I have looked at other threads and the other people seem to have more a valid reason, as in moving away, where as I just don't want to renew it as i can't really afford it anymore. It just frustrates me how they are still trying to make things difficult.

Thank you for the responses it's very much appreciated :)

Hi Nutri,

You need no "valid reason" once the minimum m/ship term is over.

Just make sure you've paid 12 monthly fees, then cancel the DD mandate direct with your bank.

No need to tell the gym or AMSL anything more - you did this already by email.

Let them come back to you when they see the DD is cancelled. Do not discuss this at all by phone and let us know what they say when they contact you.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Nutri,

You need no "valid reason" once the minimum m/ship term is over.

Just make sure you've paid 12 monthly fees, then cancel the DD mandate direct with your bank.

No need to tell the gym or AMSL anything more - you did this already by email.

Let them come back to you when they see the DD is cancelled. Do not discuss this at all by phone and let us know what they say when they contact you.

I cancelled my DD after paying my final instalment on the 1st of Feb. I've just received an email from them telling me it' been cancelled and asking me to call them. Should I just ignore this, or reply to them to reiterate that I've cancelled in on purpose?

ignore it. and cancel it through your bank to ensure it cant be reinstated.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

ignore it. and cancel it through your bank to ensure it cant be reinstated.

Thank you Renegadeimp. I've cancelled it via my online banking so that should be ok. I'm just nervous about the backlash. It's very helpful to have this forum for support!

Why? They cant do ANYTHING at all. Apart from moan and whine.

Hey Nutri,

As we've said already, never call them for any reason.

Also, as I said before, if you've paid them 12 months fees, you've paid all you owe.

Don't respond to any demands from AMSL but keep us informed so we can advise and support you.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update. I have received 2 letters since I cancelled in February requesting me to reinstate my DD and saying I owe them £43 (no idea where this amount has come from!) They've also stated that they never received my 1st of February payment, which would've been my last one at 12 months, it's definitely come out of my bank so I'm assuming they're lying. I'm keeping all their letters for reference bit so far have ignored their requests :)

Thanks for the update.

In addition to the missing m/ship fees they want, they add £25 penalty fees, and they'll continue to pile these on. However, this will only increase the amount they ALLEGE you owe and is merely wishful thinking on their part.

Continue to ignore😎