Vanquis credit cards combined to a single account. Vc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had 2 vanquis credit cards for about 6 months that were under their credit limits and were being paid every month.

It wasn't until Vanquis combined the two accounts without asking or notifying me, that I fell behind on payments that were now incurring a over limit charge and late fees as i could not make the minimum payment on time. I then went on to defaulting and it going on my credit report in 2013.

It was only when I looked at my credit file that I noticed the reporting was completely wrong.

I contacted Vanquis to ask why the two accounts were merged and was told they don't handle it anymore.

Before I make a complaint to Vanquis I want to ask if what they did was legal.

It was their action that caused me to default so I will seek legal advice if what they did was illegal.

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

moved to the provident forum

if you you did not receive notification that they had merged the accounts then that is unlawful under the rules the govern them.

penalty fees are also unlawful under FCA rules and can be reclaimed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Send a DSAR before going any further... You need to check out what the deal is.

Yes thank you. I will call then now and ask that they send me the statements for the 2 card accounts and also the one they combined. I had applied for the refund on interest charged and they said they will refund me end of Feb but it will go towards the debt on card. Debt that they caused.

send an sar.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you but i dont understand what you mean by sending a dsar. I was going to go on the vanquis resolver website and fill my complaint as when I called on Fri they said they taken my complaint on the phone and will look into it but that like police investigating police. And they Sam said it can take up to 26wks but should be much less. I think they will try to cover them selves.

Dsar is data sudject access request same as sar

They have 30days

Dont use resolver..its useless

Follow the tried and tested sar method

Get all the info first

THEN raise a complaint.

Dx

and they

Thank you. So you say I should send the sar to vanquis just to find out exactly what happened then I can make a complaint??

On phone they said they would have notified me and I guaranteed they did not simply because there is no way I would accept them putting the card with the £750 credit limit into the one with £400 as it put me over the limit by over £300, I could not avoid the over limit fee every month, what I paid was always far less then the fees added each month. Its as if they set me up to fail. Why give me two cards only to combine them after 4 months??

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

get all the data , then go after them.

and they

Ok, Lowell informed me that I was wrong there is no way Vanquis would have combined two separate credit card accounts into one. Only after I gave the account numbers they said I had to take it up with Vanquis.

But Vanquis had told me they combined the two but had told me in writting which I disputed. Their complaints team emailed me to say they will investigate and get back to me. I said "the police can't investigate the police"!

Can I ask if I can send SAR by email and exactly what do I say or ask for?

Thanks.

I hope you are not talking to the fleecers on the phone are you?

and they

• 1 month later...

Alot has happened since I first wrote this.

I asked Vanquis for dsar and they sent it to me by email 4 weeks ago but I could not find it anywhere.

After I called to say they are just buying time they did send it but in a format that I could not open and when I did it ask for password I did not get.

But worst of all...they said they did inform me in writing that they would combine the accounts and I said they never did. I only found out after it was done

I called them saying I am aware that they combined them as I got a statement 3 weeks after but they never told me they would and never said what process it took.

they tried to use that against me by saying when I called I did say " I know you combined accounts but you did not tell me you were going to do it so I had no choice in the matter and they closed the higher limit card and kept lower one open putting me over limit by hundreds" .

When I asked for them to send me the letter saying they would combine them they said they could not locate it so they sent me a template....haha!!! How ridiculous is that? I said to them ok I did pay off the card and to prove it I will send a blank cheque as it is one I would have used. It just won't say Vanquis on it.

So my next step is FOS I'm done with their silly attempts to cover themselves. If u could post the letter on here I would buy don't know how to do it.

Ok, as I do not have access to a scanner or pc I cannot upload the final notice letter from Vanquis. 

They still claim they sent me a letter saying they were going to combine two credit cards and as they could not locate it they sent me a template with out my name or date.

The letter does not explain the process taken or why they kept the account with  the lower credit limit open and added £787 from the other then giving a £1000 credit limit on the single account leaving me over the limit by £400.

This charged me over limit fees and as I could not pay the minimum each month, £12 late fees £12 over limit fees and interest caused me to default and ruined my credit. 

I then asked them to send me the recording of me saying I received the letter but they say they could not convert it to be sent by email and could not mail it because I did not have a registered address.

Then after they said they sent me the dsar by email I did not get it until I asked them over and over that I received it last week.

But it was encrypted and on a format that could not open.

And when it did it needed a password I was never given.

And again, they can't send me the password until I have a registered address.

I can see the hey are just buying time so I'm am complaining to the FOS today and hope they can be fair and if in my favour I will honestly say I'd want big compensation for me and any others that have been through it.

Thank you.

yes you can use a digital camera or a phone read upload

and they

time to get reclaiming me thinks too.

and they

Ok my fault I should have explained that I could not upload the final decision letter because it was sent to me as an attachment in email. If there is anyway I could delete my personal info using android phone I would then upload it. 

Seriously I just can't get over how they are using a template letter to prove that they informed me before the combining of accounts. They can access everything else except the letter that would solve this case. So I also told Vanquis that I also paid them the £787 and to prove it I will send them a template of the cheque. They had no answer to that. 

I want to ask anyone who can answer, "since the £787 was removed from one card and the balance made £0 , can they still put the closed account as a default on my credit file and then list it as satisfied? " The 2 cards are still on my credit file the open one with Lowell and the closed one still with Vanquis. Then they refunded me the payment protection for both cards. I think a expert has to look at the case and decide. I wish that fella on TV could take a look and tell me.

Thank you

Convert the pdf to jpg

Lots of online sites to use

and they