disciplinary meeting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was suspended on monday on full pay,

I have now been invited to a diciplinary meeting on friday

however this is my day off and i had plans,

so i contacted them to say i am not avaliabe

but am avaliable any time sunday to thursday

the manager replied back saying he had been in touch with hr and because i am suspended on full pay i have to attend

is this right, As i am not on pay on my day off

Youd only be able to rearrange for something important since its a disciplinary. Not simply because its your day off and you had plans. To the employer it would look as if you had total contempt for the proceedings.

What is the disciplinary for. Are you in a union? Has there been an investigatory meeting ?

Edit: suspended on full pay usually means its serious, and as they have to follow the rules, they suspended on full pay while they investigated. You should have used this time to prepare your side of the story, and not try and shrug it off.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They can hold it without you if you refuse to go...

How much notice did you get?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

however this is my day off and i had plans,

Do you mean that you are never work Fridays, ie you aren't employed by them on Fridays? Or do you mean that you are a full time employee working on a shift or rota basis and this Friday when they want to hold the disciplinary you weren't rota'd to be at work?

If you aren't employed to work on Fridays I don't think they can insist you come in.

But if it's just that you weren't rota'd to work this Friday I suspect they can say that being suspended means that your rotas are changed and you must come in for the meeting.

If it is a disciplinary hearing then you have a right to be accompanied by a Union rep or work colleague. Have you been advised of this? How long have you had to prepare for the meeting?

What would be the case if your Union Rep or colleague was not available on that day. A 'reasonable' employer should postpone the meeting to allow you to have everything in place. Of course it may depend what your 'plans' are - a medical appointment might be one thing but it it is just meeting up with friends of going shopping then it may be that attending a meeting to decide your future employment might reasonably be seen as more of a priority

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!