ATM Motor Trade Hounslow accepted faultycar back 6mts ago - i won small claim - changed name - still no refund help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First time poster here desperate for some advice after google has proved fruitless. This is a long ongoing story so please forgive the length and thank you in advance if you manage to read everything.

I bought my first car 28/06/2018 from a car dealership in Hounslow, ATM Motor Trade. I found the car on Auto Trader, the dealer had good reviews and it was a good deal for the car that I wanted. The drive from my house was around 90 minutes each way but I was confident I was going to love the car.

The saleswoman seemed knowledgable and friendly and I bought the car that day. I paid by bank transfer (stupid looking back) and drove the car home.

Already on the drive home there were some minor problems with the car not wanting to change into third gear which I put down to my inexperience in driving it and figured I would learn to do it properly. I was also trying to be eternally optimistic and hoping the car was fine despite my instincts now starting to say otherwise.

I got into the car the next day and the check engine light was on. This concerned me enough to get the bus to work but I also called the dealer to explain that the engine light was on. They said it was just an issue with the emissions on the vehicle, there’s nothing to worry about and it’s safe to drive. I asked for this to be put in writing for me - already losing my trust and sensing the worst - but that was declined.

Having lost all faith in the dealer, I decided to take the car to a trusted mechanic for an assessment. He plugged in the diagnostics computer and also did a thorough check of the vehicle. The number of faults that came up on the computer was higher than 20 and that’s without the physical issues that were found: holes in air pipes, badly worn brake discs, a puncture, even the battery wasn’t attached properly.

I took photographs of all of the evidence on the diagnostics computer and areas of the car where the faults could be seen and then the mechanic and I decided it would be best to wipe the faults from the cars internal computer to see if they would recur.

I emailed the dealer that day with the evidence I had and told them I would be returning the car for a full refund under the Consumer Rights Act. Initially they tried to offer a repair or a replacement instead but as you can imagine I had no faith in them at this point.

Eventually they agreed I would return the car to them. I did so on 08/07/2018. I had driven the car a total of three times - two of those being home from the dealer and back again. The saleswoman was the same person who sold me the car and after much resisting sent me a text message to say that I had returned the car and could expect a refund in 14 days.

After the 14 days were up I received an email claiming that there were no faults with the car, they claimed they had driven it everyday with no issue and it was “functioning” and therefore they would not be offering me a refund. They also would not return the car to me but only offered a replacement vehicle. I declined this offer and stated once again I wanted my money back.

I have not heard from the company themselves since this date. I ended up escalating the issue to MCOL. The dealer did not respond to the service of the claim, a judgment was made against them and then I finally sent a county court enforcement officer to collect on my behalf.

In the meantime the company (a limited company) changed their trading as name therefore rendering my paperwork and claim invalid as the company “no longer existed”. I did not know when I made the initial claim that they were a LTD company trading under a different name. Initially the name was ATM Motor Trade which they changed to Quality Motor Trade Centre (the irony!).

I made a request to the court to change the company name on my paperwork and reserve the papers. I have since discovered they have now opened up a whole new business and are trading under this name instead!

I am now at a loss for what to do. They currently owe me £2500 which I borrowed in a loan from my bank. I can not afford another car as I’m repaying the initial loan and I’ve been forced to revert to public transport (which is horrendous in my area). It seems they will do anything in their power to avoid paying and are obviously skilled at avoiding the courts.

Any help would be much appreciated. I once again apologise for the length of this and thank you for reading.

• Haha 1

https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/dealership/atm-motor-trade-hounslow-middlesex-england

https://www.google.com/search?q=quality+motor+trade+centre&oq=Quality+Motor+Trade+Centre&aqs=chrome.0.0l4.415j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x4876732043887d87:0x5e25977b08c9da1f,1,,,

All at 50 Salisbury Road

Hounslow

Middlesex

TW4 6JQ

Could they now be -

London Car Market Limited - incorporarated 2017

USED CAR SALES ONLINE LIMITED - - incorporated 2016 application to strike off

https://www.carsales-direct.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen-fox-1-4-3dr-201808310005006

The Salisbury Road address is simply a registered address I think. Where were they trading from?

Have you any more information regarding the names of the people you were dealing with?

What is the address that they traded from?

All at 50 Salisbury Road

Hounslow

Middlesex

TW4 6JQ

Could they now be -

London Car Market Limited - incorporarated 2017

USED CAR SALES ONLINE LIMITED - - incorporated 2016 application to strike

The Salisbury Road address is simply a registered address I think. Where were they trading from?

Have you any more information regarding the names of the people you were dealing with?

What is the address that they traded from?

They were trading from the Sailisbury Road address, this is where I went to view the car and also they had their office there.

The only person who helped me was the saleswoman, her name was Rija and I had no further contact with anybody else. All emails were signed “ATM Motor Trade”.

I believe they are now Vista Motor Group which is a new company with the saleswoman Rija set up as director.

Thank you for your reply!

I can't seem to find any reference to a limited company called ATM motors. Have you any further information?

Are Vista motor group trading from the same address?

Do they have a website?

Could this be the Vista? Dissolved (attachment below)

pdf.gif

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/NMpZY-like5LdmyE1212lTiKVh0/appointments

Khaleel KHAN

Total number of appointments 2

Date of birth

May 1987

MIDDLE TEMPLE CONSULTANTS LTD. (10845988)

Company status

Active

Correspondence address

121 Beavers Lane, Hounslow, England, TW4 6HF

Role ACTIVE

Director

Appointed on

3 July 2017

Nationality

British

Country of residence

United Kingdom

Occupation

Company Director

VISTA MOTORS LIMITED (10386123)

Company status

Dissolved

Correspondence address

Vista Business Centre, Suite A1-55, 50 Salisbury Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, United Kingdom, TW4 6JQ

Role

Director

Appointed on

20 September 2016

Nationality

British

Country of residence

United Kingdom

Occupation

Car Sales

repA_10386123_516-102922-14188916_1.pdf

• Thanks 1

As I understand your paperwork doesn't show the word "limited or ltd", so if I were you I would sue ms Rija trading as atm motors.

I don't know if you can change the name on a CCJ, otherwise you would need to start again.

These rogue traders seem to cover their tracks by using Ltd companies and changing name when they get in trouble.

But I heard of many successful stories when an individual is sued.

Possibly this is because they don't want their credit rating to be crashed, especially for small amounts like £2500, believe it or not, this is peanuts to them, considering that they buy scraps for scrap money, make them look ok and sell them on.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Your thread title has been updated StormCandle for clarity.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The LTD company is called ATM Multinational LTD, which is the name I now have on the paperwork. When I bought the car they were trading as ATM Motor Trade and then changed it to trading as Quality Motor Trade Centre.

The current company they seem to be trading as is Vista Motor Group

FD2791B1-340D-412A-AD33-1E37F97AFA56.jpeg

Can I sue her individually as she was just a salesperson at the time of sale? The paperwork was changed by the court to have the LTD company name on it but as far as I can tell they have now just started a different ltd company in the same place with Rija as their director.

This is all getting a bit confusing. Please will you post up your claim form in PDF format so we can see exactly what has happened so far.

The LTD company is called ATM Multinational LTD, which is the name I now have on the paperwork. When I bought the car they were trading as ATM Motor Trade and then changed it to trading as Quality Motor Trade Centre.

The current company they seem to be trading as is Vista Motor Group

According to the image you have just posted, they are not trading as Vista Motor Group. They are actually Vista Motor Group Limited trading as V-M-G.

I think this is all over the place – which of course is probably what they want.

The company report for ATM Multinational Ltd which I have posted above seems to be based in Old Street and may have nothing to do with the company you are dealing with.

Sorry for late replies have had a busy evening.

When I looked into the Old Street address myself it seems that it is a mail forwarding company, but the ATM Multinational LTD you found is correct, I found the information using a registered company no from the company website.

Attached you will find PDF of my original claims form, note that this has now been set aside as the company name changed and therefore to take my claim further I had to amend and reserve the papers. The new claim form will have to be scanned in so I can add this tomorrow morning, but it has all the same details except for the new defendant being ATM Multinational LTD.

Per a question the name on the sales receipt is ATM Motor Trade, and having looked now nobody signed on the behalf of the seller which I didn’t realise at the time.

Doc_20190123_180202-1_Redacted.pdf

Edited by StormCandle

Thank you. Now what is the name on any sales receipt. Are they still trading from the same address? How did you pay? How do you know it is ATM international Ltd? When is this Rija name come from?

I have to say that so far I'm extremely pessimistic about your chances.

The name on the receipt is ATM Motor Trade and the same address as now (50 Salisbury Road, Vista Business Centre). I paid by a bank transfer. Rija is the Sales assistant that sold me the car and also who I dealt with when I returned the car, I have text messages from her with her name on.

I found ATM Multinational LTD on the company website.

I also am very concerned this will not end in my favour but am very disappointed that the law doesn’t protect better against these cowboys just dissolving and starting new businesses.

C541D4B9-118F-472D-81AB-0931FA5843AA.jpeg

Ok, so you didn't buy the car from a limited company but from Ms Rija, the only one you had contact with in the sale process.

She is now a director of a car trader company at the same address.

I would sue Ms Rija trading as ATM Motor trade.

You'll have better chances than suing a company whose name doesn't appear anywhere in your paperwork.

• 2 months later...

All of you, please be aware that unless your sale receipt says Vista Motor Group limited, any action against this company will be easily and successfully defended.

You must start a claim against the company or individual whose name appear on your receipt. 

In op's case, as said, Ms Rija trading as ATM Motor Trade  would probably be a better bet to recover some money, especially if her address is known.

@Babyang

@Leolion 

Hi guys, sorry to hear you’re having the same issue.

I have contacted watch dog and also been through small claims with no result.

I have been in contact with others who have also been caught out. 

Edited by dx100uk
no adverts to elsewhere please

did you get the judgement transferred to the high court? only costs about £60 and then £75 for the to visit and they will go after anyone hwo has some money or assets and force them to show they dont belong to someone else. Now as you sued an entity that isnt a limited company they will have a hard time claiming they are no longer trading or that their assets are now someone elses. You also need to look up when the various companies were actually gazetted as being wound up as often these bandist will  say that the company has gone but they are still just about alive on Companies House register and that is enough. You can also go after a director for removing the assets that rightly belong to creditors but all of this is a hard slog.

• 3 weeks later...