Used car windscreen chip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

2 weeks ago I bought a used car and all looked good. This weekend, after washing it and driving home we noticed a chip in the drivers view on the windscreen that was not visible before.

Thinking this must have been caused by a stone on the way home we called AutoWindsreens out. However, the technician advised that it was in fact an old repair and there was nothing more that could be done to make it look any better. He did say that it was structurally sound.

As this must have been present at time of purchase, albeit not visible (not sure if the autoglym products the dealer applied to the windows could have hidden the damage?) do we have any rights to get the dealer to replace the screen?

Thank you

I would say that if the damage has not affected the structural integrity of the windscreen and if it has not rendered the vehicle dangerous, then there is nothing you can do about it. You have bought a second-hand vehicle with all of the characteristics/qualities of a second-hand vehicle

I would get one of these repair kits off Amazon :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K27667J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had numerous very small chips which would glint when the sun caught them. I wasn't very hopeful given the price but it worked really well and now they can hardly be seen.

Took a long time to come all the way from China but I will get another one when the filler runs out.

H

• Haha 1

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.