Premier/DCBL PCN - exchanged Parking ticket with someone leaving site - now DCBL Threat-o-gram

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter was issued with a parking ticket of £100 around 3 years ago by Premier Park Ltd.

She forgot about it and a few days ago received a letter from DCBL titled Notice of Debt Recovery.

She wants to pay the £100 but they have added on £60 Administration and recovery fee which seems very

excessive and from what I have read they do not have the authority to do this .

Any advice appreciated

moved to the private parking forum.

no you don't blindly pay a no powers DCA.

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

and has she moved since she got the ticket?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I cant fill this in at the moment as I dont have any information on it and my daughters at work .

The only information I have is that it was a Premier Parking and when she drove in a woman was getting back into her car and

said she had time left on her ticket and my daughter was only going to be 20 minutes so she took the ticket without realising that you needed to put your car registration in .

Do not know if there is any defence for this and she has been at the same address since this happened.

I seem to remember she received the ticket through the post

defence? Its not a court claim is it?

If it isnt, then just ignore them unless they send a PaP letter or a court claim. Its easily batted away. DCA's like that love to leave things for a long time as they know that theres little chance of people defending as they think too much time has passed. Theyre wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Also DCBL appear to be acting as DCA only, the debt appears to be the original Charge plus an extra £60 Unicorn tax.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

thread title updated.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

chances are the signage wasnt explicit about whether anyone can gift thier time to anyone else.

Is the site near to where she is so she can get some pictures of the signage and parking meter for use to look at?

At this stage it is just a begging letter so can be ignored but do beware the parking co may try their luck at collecting the money vie the courts.

they tend to do this after a long time because they think you have thrown away all of the relevant paperwork.

To this end does she have anything left?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

She has no paperwork whatsoever

She was only in her early 20s at the time and didnt realise she had done anything wrong .

I myself find it a bit suspect someone would offer you their ticket when they have had to put their registration number in.

She has no proof that anyone gave her the ticket .it looks like she just parked there and didnt pay

Im worried about her getting a court claim as she really has no proof of defence and dont want her credit file showing anything negative and going against her in the future .

Dont know whether its best for her just to pay the £100 charge but dont want her paying the £60 admin fee

Follow the advice on here and in all probability she shouldn't have to pay anything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

no need to pay anything.

dx

and they

Im worried about her getting a court claim as she really has no proof of defence and dont want her credit file showing anything negative and going against her in the future .

Even if they did eventually try to recover this through the court, there is still no reason for this to ever appear on her credit file. If they took her to court and if they didn't back away as soon as they saw a decent defence and if the judge found in their favour, all your daughter would need to do is pay cash then and there to their solicitor, get a receipt, take it to the office. That way it wouldn't even be on her file for 1 day. The only way it would have a lasting impact would be if she lost at court and then still didn't pay within a month.

But as the others say, no real reason to pay anything at all.

Not a chance.

Theres no credit agreement.

They cannot touch the credit file

unless a CCJ is issued and payment isnt made within 28 days of the judgment.

But a CCJ will never be an issue here as they dont have a leg to stand on.

Edited by dx100uk

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

you need to get reading up

unless you are doing things when not logged in

you've not read one other PPC thread in this forum.

cag is self help too..

dx

and they

good well done.

dx

and they

now what we really need is to see the siganeg at the place she parked to determine what was offered in the way of a contract and what obligationes that has and what can cuase them to demand any extra above the prescribed fee for parking.

You need to know that transferring tickts isnt always a breach even if the signs say so as the offer to aprk is to a driver, not a limp of metal. so for example, your adughter may have driven uncle Fred's car to there, paid for 2 hours and the phoned him to say to bring her car down from the MOT garage where he took it and then he drove his car away. The purchaser of the licence to park would be the same person but 2 different cars and the contract was with the purchaser. As they used ANPR they wont know the relationship between the 2 vehicle owners, wont know who was driving at the time and wont have any cctv of the people greeting and swapping cars.

If she still had the original ticket the parking co demand would be dead and buried by now with this series of facts because they cnat prove this isnt what happened on the day and there was no loss caused by the car swapping.

Now tell is exactly where the event took place and we can have a look at it on goggleyes and then give you an idea about how good or otherwise their signage is from the drivers perspective as they enter the car park. The signage may well not be applicable anyway as if the terms on the ticket machien are different they arent a contract but an "invitation to treat" and can be taken up or declined rather than being forced upon you

Edited by ericsbrother

Hi ..Apologies for the delay in replying as I have just seen the post

Thank you for the above information its very much appreciated...not sure what would constitute a breach or non breach!

The car park is in Southport ..postcode PR9 0TH..

I will drive down there myself tomorrow to see if I can get more information and pass on to you

It being dark would help as well, as if the signs arent clearly lit, visible and legible, then they wont comply with regulation, and its another nail in their coffin.