Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Birmingham Midshires application for permission to renew a warrant of possession after 6 years

its not a hearing for eviction. never was.
    stop panicking.

make a deal with the lender but do NOT ever ring them again nor anyone dealing with it or your mortgageicon in the future ever!!
    from now on EVERYTHING is by writing only.
    if they ring,

you say writing only please
    put the phone down.

a heavy read
    but read this thread ALL the way through
    it will tell you everything you need to know ever about things like this
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-Viewing)-nbsp

and how sadly panicking and talking to them ALWAYS makes things 1000's time worse.

SARicon is a priority too!!

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Birmingham Midshires application for permission to renew a warrant of possession after 6 years

Can't find their email address on their website. Sending letters by post is longer process and I don't know postal address for the department.

I can help you with a letter if you need me to.
    Please help me with the offer letter.

ell-enn is our secret weapon on these...
    never fails..

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

as for the address for the SARicon

https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr

thread title updated

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Birmingham Midshires application for permission to renew a warrant of possession after 6 years

Do you have any letters received from their arrears department?

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Birmingham Midshires application for permission to renew a warrant of possession after 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    as for the address for the SARicon

https://register.fca.org.uk/shpo_sea...=3wq1nht7eg7tr

thread title updated
    Thank you.

Hi Ell-enn,
    yes they sent arrears statements but unfortunately I can't find them.

What I remember from last statement around last month arrears were around 3k.
    When I asked them last week why 17k and whether they added charges.
    They said no charges added to this figure , all charges are added to the balance including court fee.

Follows
    Following

I asked if you had any letters from the arrears dept as it would have an address on. if you have the telephone number for the arrears department ring them in the morning and ask for a dedicated email address and also their direct postal address - don't get into any discussion about the account, just say you are taking advice and need to send them some information urgently.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

I will get the email address and postage address tomorrow morning.

I am slightly concerned that I offered them to pay 2000 every month over the phone on Friday and also paid 1500 on the phone.

From income and expenditure they did with me over the phone there is surplus of 3292. I won't feel comfortable committing to pay 2000 towards arrears every month just for arrears and 1175 for contractual monthly instalment.

I can easily pay 500 towards arrears comfortably. Specially my next monthly payment is due on 27th. Having already paid 1500 few days ago I won't be able to pay 1175 plus 2000 on 27th.

I tried to contact the court few times today to find out if I need to attend the hearing on Wednesday or is it just paper hearing but couldn't get through the automted service. Will try again tomorrow.

I have got the eviction team email address and postal address.

Ell-enn, Please help with the offer letter so I can email offer to them. Does this need to be before the hearing on Wednesday?

It doesn't need to be before Wednesday - there is no hearing as we have already explained srveral times

In order for me to help you with the letter I will need some information - please answer the following in order:

1. is the mortgageicon in joint names ?
    2. how long has the mortgageicon left to run?
    3. how much can you comfortably afford to pay each month towards the arrears?
    remember you will have to prove your income and expenditure in court if the lender does go ahead with an eviction warrant and we have to put in a defence.

Follows
    Following

1. is the mortgageicon in joint names ? Yes, with my sister who is married. She no longer has financial interest in this and only keeping her name because getting it removed was not a simple change. I only make mortgageicon payments.

2. how long has the mortgage left to run? 10 years

3. how much can you comfortably afford to pay each month towards the arrears? 500. Although last week after income and expenditure I offered 2000 but I think that won't be affordable if anything happens.

Follows
    Following

OK, I'll draft a letter for you in the morning as I'm working on something else tonight. Are you able to work with Word documents ?

Follows
    Following

Thank you. I appreciate your time and help. I can work with word document.

Hi, affixed is a draft letter - you need to put your address at the top and the correct lender department and address where indicated.

Sign the letter and make sure you take a copy and keep it safe as we may need it to put with a court defence.

Send by Special Delivery (costs around 6 but they get it next day and have to sign for it) make sure you keep the postal receipt safe as it will have a tracking number on it - you then check on the royal mail website a few days after posting the print off the signature receipt - keep that safe with the copy letter.

Attached Files Attached Files

Follows
    Following

Many thanks Ell-enn. I will post this to them as you advised.

Will update you as soon as they reply back.

I have posted the letrer as instructed. They should receive it by 1pm tomorrow.

Just checked online, letter was delivered this morning.

Shall I just wait for their response to whether offer accepted or not or call them to find out?

I don't know what decision court gave yesterday. Will there be a letter from court to inform us the decision?

Don't ring them! wait for their reply. I expect the court will advise you of the decision, but they can take quite a while to get the letters out so don't be surprised if it doesn't appear for a week or so.

Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details