JC/Moriarty unknown claimform - old Sky debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please could you help?

It would appear that my partner's historic debts have been sold off as this is the second issue in as many months...

On 28th December we received a Final Demand from Moriarty Law for an alleged debt to Sky for approximately £200.

This was the first letter we had received.

On 2nd January we sent the SAR and £1 as recommended by CAG.

Today we have received a letter stating the following:

Please be advised , we are unable to supply copy bills or statements of account.

To obtain these you will need to log into the Sky portal using your Sky ID for online services.

With regard to your request for a copy of the credit agreement relating to this claim,

we can confirm that this debt is for services provided by Sky and not for credit and the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does therefore not apply.

Consequently, please find enclosed a refund cheque for £1....

Can they request money with no proof and have we sent the wrong letter in the first place??

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I'm not sure how to respond.

Many thanks for your time

JT

sar is free

cca is £1 but they are correct it doesn't apply.

who are moriaty's client please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would be interested who Moriarty Law's client is...

And They do have to supply bills etc to validate the debt...

Be interested to see if this does go further - Keep the letter - If they suddenly magic up a bill if it goes through a claim... Then it can be held that they may have been acting dishonestly...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

should have ignore them jerry.

never seen a sky debt litigated upon here.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thing is DX - If its with Mor Law - I think it will go legal - I think JCI bought a BH debt once and litigated on that if I remember rightly...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

think what you like...its a threat-o-gram. that should have been ignored.

and they

until/unless you get a PAP letter of claim from their pet solicitor

but no need to panic over anything.

tell us about the sky debt please

and they

The letter we have is the final demand before proceedings and the debt was carried over from after my partner and I split up. She apparently stopped paying everything!

At the moment it's for £227 plus costs but this is the first I've heard of it.

Still just sit tight?

I don't remember who signed with Sky and if I now contact Sky, will that be admitting some element of liability?

I have been away from there since October 2015 and my ex left there August 2016 so I don't know what, where or when this accrued or if I ever even entered into it!

It tended to be my ex that arranged this sort of stuff so I'm left holding the baby!

nothing to do with sky now they've sold the debt

so quite safe to enquire.

dx

and they

Good - You should have enough time to get all the info back...

Lets see how this goes... As DX mentioned it is unheard off for this to go Legal - But with Mor Law - They are a Legal Solis for Hire...

If it does go to court then we can help defend if need be... Just keep your wits about you and come right back if you get a Letter Of Claim or something titled similar...

Id also say that their response about logging to a Sky Account to get bills etc - they have to validate it on paper... They can't just claim money and not justify it / quantify it.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 6 months later...

Please could you help.

I posted before but the trail went dead for ages and I thought it had gone away, but I received a letter to say that they were going for Judgement on a case I know nothing of!

OK so, Moriarty Law for JC International  (Sky)are chasing an alleged debt I actually know nothing of!

They contacted me in December 2018 and I have requested to see the credit agreement which they have not been able to provide.

On my previous, old thread, you advised me to try to establish what Sky held on me but as I have no knowledge of this debt, I couldn't get through security and so failed to get anywhere.

After receiving a letter from Moriarty to say they were going for Judgement, have reported to the Court that I Acknowledge the Service and that this was the first letter I had had.  I don't even have access online because I have not received the password info!!

They now need my defence but can I defend a debt I don't know anything of?!  I am presuming that my ex may have put my name down but I don't ever recall signing anything.

Can I get rid of these lecherous parasites!

Any ideas please?

JT

so you had/have? a claimform now?

threads mereged

and they

so you didn't ever send that sar as advised but rang sky?

so who got the claimform? your ex

and its in joint names?

are you in contact with her?

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to JC/Moriarty unknown claimform - old Sky debt

I sent an SAR and a CCA.

Moriarty told me to ask Sky but Sky wouldnt help because I can't get through the security questions because I dont know anything about it.

I must have received the original claim form but I can't locate it.  All I know from the information I do have is that I mention that I am defending the whole claim.

They are just going for me and yes I'm in contact but she can't remember  anything about it conveniently!

sar should have gone to SKY.

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:3134625398&q=JC%2FMoriarty&oq=JC%2FMoriarty&gs_l=partner-generic.12...97796.97796.0.98878.1.1.0.0.0.0.141.141.0j1.1.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13...0.0...2.34.partner-generic..1.0.0.XMMrWGVk_Bc

use the general defence from one of the above that best suits you situation.

have you sent CPR 31:14 if not do so. also

post the defence up here

as long as you know the claim number you can file by email we'l give that later

that should hold them up

dx

and they

SAR went to Sky on 20th January but they would not assist.  They requested I call them but when I called, they would not allow me through security.  I will read the above.... thanks

sorry computer crashed"

I sent this... think this was wrong one.  Will try to find if I sent the CPR 31:14 if not I will send

moriarty cag1.pdf moriarty 2 cag.pdf

and they

sorry computer crashed"

I sent this... think this was wrong one.  Will try to find if I sent the CPR 31:14 if not I will send

CPR 31:14 typed.

Is this defence ok and do I send it now please?

DEFENCE

The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

1. The Claimant claims £xx is owed

I did not recall the precise details or agreement and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a CPR 31.14 request who are yet to fully comply.

2. The Claimants statement regarding the assignation of the debt is denied.

I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served on the defendant from the Claimant Jc International acquisitions.

3. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 88 CCA1974

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;

4. On receipt of this claim I requested, by way of a CPR 31.14 request, copies of the documents referred to within the Claimant's particulars in order to establish what the claim is for. To date the Claimant solicitors, Moriarty Law have failed to fully comply with this request.

5. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the consumer crediticon Act 1974.

7. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.