Highview Parking ANPR PCN - Overstay - , Bradfield Road car park Sheffield s6 2bw

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, Me again! :roll:

I received a charge notice for parking on their clients property for a

CHARGE NOTICE from Highview Parking, Bradfield Road Car Park, Sheffield S6 2BW

Date: 18.12.18

Time: 19:47

Time left: 22:27

Duration: 2hrs 40 mins

I had been for a meal at the Italian restaurant for my managers retirement hence the late time of arrival. The car park was empty and so presumed it would have exceeded the time period with it being unsociable hours.

Having spoken with friends and family, I decided to ignore the first letter but have received a second one today to state the charge is now £85 instead of the reduced amount of £50. and if not recieved within 14 days an initial debt recovery charge of £40 will be incurred????

Can I please have advice on what to do next as I don't know how best to go about these sort of things- I do think it is disgusting and the owners should not be allowed to charge these ridiculous amounts.

I am concerned that I will get taken to court etc???

Please help??

Many thanks in advance

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

Have a read and provide the answers please :) We can help you then

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 18.12.18

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 28.12.18

3 Date received 31.12.18

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] N- Not that I can see

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal] NO

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Bradfield Road Car Park Sheffield, HighView Parking is all it says?

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Bradfield Road Car Park, Sheffield S6 2BW

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. Highview Parking, PO BOX 3573, Barnett, EN5 9QA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE- BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here

Received a second letter today to state that the outstanding amount is now £85 if not received within 14 days, an initial debt recovery charge will in incurred

What do they try and say is the max allowed time? Have you gotten in touch with the restaurant and asked them to call the PPC off?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It doesn't state the maximum time permitted on the letter? I haven't done anything as of yet- should I contact the restaurant? What's PPC off? (Sorry I have no idea about the charge notices)

Many Thanks for you help so far by the way! :roll:

scan up both sides of the NTK to ONE multipage PDF please

read upload

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, have a good read of the private parking forums. Youll soon get an idea for how these companies work.

thread tidied

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well, this isnt an NTK as they have missed out a key phrase so no liability is created at all as they dont say who the creditor is. They also make an unlawful demand of £2.50 admin fee so again not a lawful invoice. They dont provide a service address for documents so not a lawful invoice.

3 errors that will cost them dearly in the long run.

This also suggests that they will be just as slapdash with their signage that offers the contract in the first place such as not bothering with planning permission for their cameras and signs,

the signs are probably too poorly worded and sited to offer a contract etc. It would be good if you can get some pictures of the entrance to the land from the public highway and also of the signs so we can see what is what

. If there are no signs at the entrance from the proper road then we need to know as that will be their undoing even if they have 100 large illuminated signs elsewhere.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Here are two pictures I took, of the signage - The second image is the first sign you see as you enter and isn't very big, it wasn't let up when i arrived at around 7:45pm it was pitch black - hence me presuming that because it was unsociable hours that it wouldn't be in effect :x

Bradfield Road car park.jpg

Bradfield Road car park.jpg 2.jpg

Edited by Murphy1983
extra photo added

check the original council planning permission when the site was granted it

bet it says 3hrs.

and they

all the businesses there will be tenants and mightily peed off that their landlord is killing their business by bringing in these cowboys and allowing them to dictate the terms their customers have to abide to.

Get on to the restaurant and to any shop there that you may have even looked in the window of and complain about this.

they may not have the authority to cancel but they sue as hell will be telling the agent or LL that they are losing business because of these bandits.

What may well happen behind the scenes is they ask for a rent reduction and that may get the LL to be rid of the parking co or at least change their terms.

Even though this wont get your ticket cancelled the more complaints the better it is in the long run as they will get the boot when they cost the LL enough money

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 2 weeks later...

Would the resteraunt even have any power to do so?

I haven’t contacted them no.

I’m debating this.

I have received a third letter today from them.

The charge has gone from £50 early fine to £100 and now £125 with threaten of debt collectors.

They have also mentioned in red about my credit rating may be affected.

I’m honestly disgusted and don’t know what to do about it

- I don’t want to pay it under principal of me parking there in unsociable hours for one!!

Please see attached letter from today

Update: I have contacted the resteraunt and he says he has had a few enquiries regarding this matter.

His is more than happy to write a statement to say that I was in the resteraunt etc.

He did also state that he is appalled and has written to the council and MP

- and that people have paid and also ignored the letters.

Aghhhh ....?!?!?

Untitled.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
merge

Where does it say fine Please?

and they

Dont worry. They cant add any of those charges. Theyre trying to scare you. They certainly cannot touch your credit file until they have a CCJ and y ou dont pay it within 28 days. That will NEVER happen.

Relax.

Really? I truly hope not. These charge notices have opened my eyes for sure. I will keep you posted regarding this matter and the other charge notice for St Mary’s retail Park car park!

Thank you once again to all for reassurance, quick responses and guidance

I have spoken to the business and they said that they would verify I was there if needed but if I did that Highview would then have my details and they will come back to say that I still over exceeded the stated time limit even though it was Poorly lit to which is I presumed it wouldn’t be implimented during unsociable hours

• 4 weeks later...

coo, they have adjusted their unicorn food tax tariff. that must be due to a no deal brexit.

if you had read any of the thousands of similar posted letters you would know that you just igniore this. it is also too late to waoory about asking the restaurant for help. by the way, highview already have your details and that is why they are writing to you. The tenants at the site have the ability to moan like hell at their landlord for ruining their trade but if you dotn force them to complain to teh landlord they wont do anything as they arent in the firing line. you should ahve made thej part of the problem if they werent willing to be part of the solution

I presumed it would be to ignore it. I posted in here because of the protection of freedoms act 2012 has been stated so it has worried me a little as to what to do next about it?! 

I contacted the restaurant a while ago to complain and he said that he’d complained numerous amounts of times previously and that he would back me up if needed. 

How does Highview have my details?  I haven’t acknowledged any form of letter from them?!! 

Thanks