style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an agreement with Marston to pay off a fine due to an untaxed vehicle being on the road.

Received my student finance last week not realising it was being paid into a different account.

Agreement broke on the 13th of Jan due to the missed payment. I had made an initial payment in december.

They noted missed payment on the 15th Jan

Today (16th Jan) a Bailiff from Marston arrived. I was asleep but another family member was arriving home from work and saw them. They put a Final Notice letter through the letter box. £235 enforcement stage costs and £75 admin fee have been added. It says "Despite previous notices and attendance(s) I shall attend to take control of goods and remove for sale by public auction:

ONE MORNING THIS WEEK

Besides trying to arrange a payment plan, is there anything else I can do? This has already caused me to have a panic attack and things are hard enough as it is. I'm currently receiving help from a psychological therapist for anxiety, low mood/depression, I am on antidepressants and also receiving counselling from my university counselling team. I did note I could inform them of possibly being a vulnerable person but I am not sure if things have escalated too far or not.

As the case had already been with Marston when you set up an agreement, the compliance stage fee of £75 would have already been charged. What you have now been charged is an enforcement fee of £235.

Defaulting on a previously agreed payment arrangement will automatically lead to the agreement being terminated and the account passed to a bailiff (which is what has happened here). It is absolutely vital that you advise Marston of your vulnerability and it is a shame that you had not revealed this information to them sooner but we cannot change that position.

It would be wise to send a TEXT message to the bailiff to advise him that you had every intention of keeping to the agreement but you had been unaware that your STUDENT grant had gone into a different account and this has led to your account defaulting.

Most importantly, inform him that you are sending an email to Marston's TODAY with evidence of your vulnerability and this will outline that you are receiving help from a psychological therapist for anxiety, depression etc and that you are also prescribed antidepressants etc. There is a possibility that Marston may look kindly at removing the £235 enforcement fees.

PS: I would also suggest that you make payment of the amount due under your agreement.

Edited by dx100uk

Thanks for the advice.

I contacted the bailiff directly before you messaged and told him about my circumstances.

Asked for the medication I was on etc and told them I was a student.

They've agreed to remove the £235 fee but want my last two payments up front by the weekend which I'm fine with if I'm honest, since the payments would be coming from the same lump of money anyways.

Is there anything else I should, just to make sure I'm not being lied to etc.

I did record the phone call just to be safe

Edited by dx100uk