bookings.com - unsuitable hotel paid by credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

We recently travelled to Goa India we booked a hotel on bookings.com pay on arrivel, i paid by credit card on arrivel at reception we where shown our room which was fine.

We unpacked and decided to go to the pool/resturant area which was on the roof of the hotel, all the way up the staircase was rubbish open food cartons and plastic bags with used toilet paper in, at the pool a bin was overflowing with rubbish including on top a ripped open dirty nappy which birds had pulled apart, This was just 5 metres away from the resturant, the pool itself had no filter system and was a dirty looking colour.

We complained to the reception and they said that they would report it to cleaning staff, we went out for the day it was still the same 8 hr later again a complaint was made, and the new receptionists said no report had been made, by midday the following day it was still the same.

We demanded to see the hotel owner along with other guests, we were given his phone number he said he would come over in 1 hour he didnt come until 6pm the next day, he agreed to move us to another hotel 2 days later due to christmas busy time this was the only option, we had checked also and the area was full.

We paid £900 for 13 night stay, 5 days and 4 nights were ruined due to this we could not use the pool, inclusive breakfast or our balcony seating area, all of which is what we book hotels for, it was like we were in room lock down, we asked the hotel owner for some compensation but he refused.

The hotel we moved to was more suitable in the same price bracket.

I explained this to my credit card company on return and they said i cant claim any part of the payment back, which i feel is wrong as 4 night 5 days where a nightmare living in a tip, even in room very noisy right through untill 5am, security took no action.

Thanks

thread tittle updated

moved to holidays forum

whay do bookings.com say they are your 1st target not the CCC

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...