Now going to court!

Andy B
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I started my case with the BOS a month ago and to be honest they have been pretty quick in getting back to me so far with all of my charge details etc.

I recieved a letter a few days ago with the usual blurb of sorry your not happy, this is how our charges work and we feel justified etc. but we are prepared to offer you £146 back as a gesture of good will.

I am claiming just under £2500 in excess o/d and returned cheque charges and am about to move onto the next step. I presume that I need to accept the offer of £146 on the basis that I am still persueing the balance by letter but not fill in their nice form that states full and final settlement??

Any advice?

Andy

Guest BlueRuby
I am claiming just under £2500 in excess o/d and returned cheque charges and am about to move onto the next step. I presume that I need to accept the offer of £146 on the basis that I am still persueing the balance by letter but not fill in their nice form that states full and final settlement??

:D Yes, aren't they generous :D You don't exactly need to accept their offer but you might as well! They will of course withdraw the offer as soon as they get your reply!

Guest BlueRuby
Can they do that? I thought that once an offer had been made they couldn't withdraw it?

Oh yes, 'fraid so :cool: They will say it was made on the basis that it was in full and final settlement - which of course it isn't, is it? ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I have been through the process so far and had to offers from the BOS, the last one after my LBA. The first on was for about £140 after the prelim letter and the new one after my LBA is just over £450.

Question? Should I now start the legal process now or send another letter, am a bit nervous, don't want to lose the current offer.

I havn't opened a parachute account yet either but do have a joint account with my other half.

Guest BlueRuby

Make it absolutely clear that you are accepting the £450 as a part payment only. They will quite likely withdraw the offer but don't worry. You'll get it eventually! and more! Also, is your joint account with the same bank? If so I would definitely open a parachute acc. :)

• 2 months later...

I am Claiming £2600 in unfair charges, I've had 2 offers of goodwill, initially £146 and then £460 after LBA. both of which I have accepted as "part settlement" whilst continueing to pursue the full amount.

The last letter that I recieved stated that The Bank of Scotland would not be refunding my charges and I had refused the above 2 amounts.

I am now ready to start the legal process but am unsure as to wether to claim for everything at once and I also seem to remember seeing something about only being able to claim for 5 years charges in Scotland, is this the case as up until now I have been asking for 6 years to be refunded?

Any advice?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy, I have merged your threads to make it easier to see all that has happened so far.

I have a few questions for you.

Have you actually received any money?

Are you in Scotland?

Where did you send your preliminary letter and LBA?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...