46: Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearyway)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I will be grateful if you can please help me if there is something I can do with this notice please.

On 23/12 I went to Kensington high street, whilst looking for parking space I saw a sign (attached) and empty space saying No stopping at any time except 7 am - 4 pm, P for 30 minutes. I safely parked my car which was left there for about 15 minutes. I then returned and made way home.

I am now in receipt of this notice (attached). I went back there and saw two conflicting signs and wonder if I could successfully challenge it or it was just my sheer stupidity :/

Thank you for your help in advance.

20190112_104943904_iOS.jpg

20190110_171929229_iOS.jpg

20190110_171900344_iOS.jpg

The closest where I park had the sign which states (No stopping at any time except 7 am - 4 pm, P for 30 minutes) that is the reason I parked, usually for loading bays also have it written LOADING BAY on road and that place didn't.

From the council pic it looks like you parked between lamp post 035 (which has the P for 30 mins) and the telephone box here:

https://goo.gl/maps/9t8jc8PgCmJ2

The loading bay sign is further down outside the Hare & Tortoise. This sign is parallel to the carriageway (it should be at right angles to it, so facing on-coming traffic) and so it's perfectly understandable why you didn't see it/ look any further.

There should be a clear demarcation where there are two different restrictions between the two.

I would make reps before the 21 day deadline and also phone TFL and ask them to send a copy of the video