Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2019

Default 46: Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearyway)

Hello,

I will be grateful if you can please help me if there is something I can do with this notice please.

On 23/12 I went to Kensington high street, whilst looking for parking space I saw a sign (attached) and empty space saying No stopping at any time except 7 am - 4 pm, P for 30 minutes. I safely parked my car which was left there for about 15 minutes. I then returned and made way home.

I am now in receipt of this notice (attached). I went back there and saw two conflicting signs and wonder if I could successfully challenge it or it was just my sheer stupidity :/

Thank you for your help in advance.

Attached Images Attached Images

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2011

Default Re: 46: Stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearyway)

Did you photograph where the signs were positioned in relation to the road markings?

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2019

The closest where I park had the sign which states (No stopping at any time except 7 am - 4 pm, P for 30 minutes) that is the reason I parked, usually for loading bays also have it written LOADING BAY on road and that place didn't.

From the council pic it looks like you parked between lamp post 035 (which has the P for 30 mins) and the telephone box here:

https://goo.gl/maps/9t8jc8PgCmJ2

The loading bay sign is further down outside the Hare & Tortoise. This sign is parallel to the carriageway (it should be at right angles to it, so facing on-coming traffic) and so it's perfectly understandable why you didn't see it/ look any further.

There should be a clear demarcation where there are two different restrictions between the two.

I would make reps before the 21 day deadline and also phone TFL and ask them to send a copy of the video

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details