G24 Parking charge notice at B&M Stores, Falkirk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a PCN for an alleged offence at the same location,

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?487668-G24-Parking-charge-while-shopping-B-amp-M-Stores-Falkirk&p=5170354#post5170354

dating the parking offence as 30th November.

It alleges the driver overstayed the permitted 2hours by 11 mins

I now live in England but as the alleged offence happened in Scotland am I correct that Scottish Law applies, so pursuing the keeper is illegal?

Edited by dx100uk
posts moved

I have received a PCN for an alleged offence at the above location, dating the parking offence as 30th November. It alleges the driver overstayed the permitted 2 hours parking by 11 mins

I ignored the original letter and have just received a "Final Notice" and am a bit worried. I have looked through this and other online help and the advice seems to be to ignore.

I now live in England but as the alleged offence happened in Scotland am I correct that Scottish Law applies, making pursuing the keeper illegal?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

it doesnt matter where you live, you could live on the moon and Scottish law would still apply becsue the event was in Scotland.

Pursuing the keeper isnt illegal, there is no criminality involved so what is important is there is no keeper liability and therefore as they have used ANPR rather than a ticket slapped on the car to bring it to the attention of the DRIVER, they have told lies to the DVLA to access your persdoanl details and that gives you grounds to sue them for damages.

Final notice? does that mean they are now going to do the right thing and go away? I hope so but as the parking co's are liars and cheats I dont hold my breath. I sispect they will waste some money on employing a rentathreat company like DR+ to wite some scary letters with an increased bill for £160 that can also be ignored for a myriad of reasons.

If you do get a proper letter before action or letter before claim then come back here for advice on how to robustly respond but you can safely ignore letters that only hint at hell and damnation (read them carefully and they dont say they will do anything, just they will consider or recommend or might) regardless who they are from.

Lastly never ignore an actual court claim, contrary to soem of the scribble on some other sites the sending of fake ones is very rare and ones issued from Northampton CC dont have a rubber stamp on them and are still valid.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras