Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2019

Default G24 Parking charge notice at B&M Stores, Falkirk

I have received a PCN for an alleged offence at the same location,
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...54#post5170354
    dating the parking offence as 30th November.

It alleges the driver overstayed the permitted 2hours by 11 mins

I now live in England but as the alleged offence happened in Scotland am I correct that Scottish Law applies, so pursuing the keeper is illegal?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2019

Default G24 Parking charge notice at B&M Stores, Falkirk

I have received a PCN for an alleged offence at the above location, dating the parking offence as 30th November. It alleges the driver overstayed the permitted 2 hours parking by 11 mins

I ignoredicon the original letter and have just received a "Final Notice" and am a bit worried. I have looked through this and other online help and the advice seems to be to ignoreicon.

I now live in England but as the alleged offence happened in Scotland am I correct that Scottish Law applies, making pursuing the keeper illegal?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Follows
    Following

Default Re: G24 Parking charge notice at B&M Stores, Falkirk

it doesnt matter where you live, you could live on the moon and Scottish law would still apply becsue the event was in Scotland.

Pursuing the keeper isnt illegal, there is no criminality involved so what is important is there is no keeper liability and therefore as they have used ANPR rather than a ticket slapped on the car to bring it to the attention of the DRIVER, they have told lies to the DVLA to access your persdoanl details and that gives you grounds to sue them for damages.

Final notice? does that mean they are now going to do the right thing and go away? I hope so but as the parking co's are liars and cheats I dont hold my breath. I sispect they will waste some money on employing a rentathreat company like DR+ to wite some scary letters with an increased bill for 160 that can also be ignored for a myriad of reasons.

If you do get a proper letter before actionicon or letter before claimicon then come back here for advice on how to robustly respond but you can safely ignoreicon letters that only hint at hell and damnation (read them carefully and they dont say they will do anything, just they will consider or recommend or might) regardless who they are from.

Lastly never ignoreicon an actual court claim, contrary to soem of the scribble on some other sites the sending of fake ones is very rare and ones issued from Northampton CC dont have a rubber stamp on them and are still valid.

Follows
    Following