shoplifted 6yrs ago, paid RLP, now after a job - do i have to declare the incident?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1897 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am new to this Forum, so not entirely sure how to start a new thread.

I have had similar incident back in 2013, I was caught in TK MAXX, got excluded and then of course, because I felt so guilty and scared have paid RLP fine immediately, which I believe was £179. No police was involved, just shop exclusion form and I think Shopping-centre exclusion.

Now 6 year later, I am going through Management Vetting process for Police and wondering if that incident would show up? Considering that it is a very thorough check.

I am very embarrassed of course, but I have learned from that experience and have not done anything like that again.

I am thinking of coming clean, however would not want to embarrass myself for no reason.

Please, has anyone been through similar process? Would that be on police register? would it show up?

Thank you

It will NEVER show. Police were not involved at all, so theres no possible way they could ever know about it.

remember, RLP have absolutely nothing to do with the UK legal system or criminal system. They are just a random company trying to grab money off vulnerable people.

Infact, iirc, a police organisation demanded that RLP stop saying they were associated with them. RLP still continued to alledge an association months later.

It was also not a fine, and they could never have done anything. You got conned by them. Thats all.

Relax, breathe and go forward with yoru application, knowing nothing stands in your way.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have created your own thread for you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I understand that and thank you for your reply. It is just that there is a section that states:

Have you ever been- Investigated, arrested, summonsed, charged, cautioned, convicted for any offence by any UK or non-UK Police Force, Law Enforcement Agency or any other statutory prosecuting authority or agency.

Received a warning, final warning, reprimand, fixed penalty notice for disorder or other fixed penalty notice as an adult or juvenile?

And that seems very thorough...

And your answer will be no. Because you havent. A private company has no authority at all. They are referring to the UK criminal justice system.

You havent been in trouble with any of them via the shoplifting incident. RLP IS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH ANY UK LEGAL SYSTEM. And they NEVER will be.

If youve been int rouble with the police at another time, then thats for a different topic. But for this one, you can confidently say no.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have you ever been- Investigated, arrested, summonsed, charged, cautioned, convicted for any offence by any UK or non-UK Police Force, Law Enforcement Agency or any other statutory prosecuting authority or agency.

The key part of this is "...by any UK or non-UK Police Force, Law Enforcement Agency or any other statutory prosecuting authority or agency." Are TK Maxx any of those? No. Are RLP any of those? No. Were any of those involved in the 2013 incident? No. So your correct answer is 'No'.

Have you ever...

Received a warning, final warning, reprimand, fixed penalty notice for disorder or other fixed penalty notice as an adult or juvenile?

All of those are formal sanctions that can only be imposed by the UK judicial system. Have any of them been imposed on you as a result of the 2013 incident? No. So your correct answer is 'No'.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I heartily agree with the other comments so far. No police involvement-you can state no!

The police would never ask RLP for their data as these are only alleged events, not proven criminal events and as it was about 6 years ago, that data should have been removed by now so nothing to stress over.

Go, fill the forms in truthfully-which is what your answers will be and be and hopefully you will enjoy a career in the police service.:-D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

RLP have conned you out of £170 odd,

do you think they are really going to then get themselves a fine of £100k just to try and drop you in it by telepathy?

They have nothing to do with the legal system and they cant report on anything in their database.

They think that potential employers may buy a copy of their ( very short) file they hold on you

but as there was no investigation,

let alone conviction they wont want to be risking showing it to a proper authority.

they cant legally update that alleged file either so if it did see the light of day you can sue them for a lot more than they can ever earn from people's feelings of guilt.

This is the nub of it,

you still feel guilty about the incident.

Would you feel different if you knew you had been robbed at the time by RLP?

I bet you would.

As for the warning, final warning etc,

they are specific cases such as for police officers social workers and teachers,

not some bod in an ordinary job so even being sacked wont make that list,

let alone a reprimand

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

Good luck with your application. Let us know how you get on

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!