Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2016

Default LLoyds PPI Claim

Hi All

I have instigated a PPIicon claim to Lloyd's bank regarding credit card PPI.

I have sent paperwork including a copy of my CCA where the PPI box is ticked. They now wish to speak to me on the phone as they need further information

Is this a wise move to answer them and can I shoot myself in the foot by answering questions incorrectly.

Many Thanks

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: LLoyds PPI Claim

On what basis do you say that the PPIs mis-soldicon?

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Because I was advised to take PPIicon as it would improve chances of getting card. However I would have had at least 6 months full pay on sick so would not have benefited.

I

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Fine, then there is probably no difficulty about taking the phone callicon. Make sure that you emphasise to them that you were sold PPIicon on the basis that it would help you access a credit facility. Tell them that you now realise that this was untrue and that you were deceived into getting the PPI. Tell them also that you now realise that the reason why PPI was sold to you in this way was probably because the person who lied to you was probably earning a commission and you have only recently discovered this as well.

You could also tell them that you never advise as to the possibility of other products either with Lloyds or with other PPI providers.

You would be well advised to record your call before speaking to them. Read our customer servicesicon guide and implement the advice there.

Once you have answered a question, if you find that you are being asked the same question but maybe in a slightly different way then the best thing to do is simply to tell them that you have already made it clear to them and that you don't want to prolong the conversation. Tell them right at the outset that if there is any problem that you will be going to the Ombudsmanicon.

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks very much BankFodder I will keep you updated

I would NOT ever be ringing any bank regarding PPIicon. you need things in WRITING for a papertrail...
    their questions are specifically loaded to get answers that minimise or totally negate your claim.

how did you start the claim?
    did you get all the statements via and SARicon
    use the fosicon questionnaire and complete a spreadsheet detailing what your refund should be?
    if you simply sent or used resolver or their online [Lloyds] PPI complaint section of their website
    it will be treated as a speculative claim

so what sdid you actually do?

the FOS website examples have several classic cases of you already had full works cover and the PPI was totally unnecessary.= WIN

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi Dx

I have all statements etc from my SARicon. I used Lloyds website and they sent me a form to fill in - not the correct way then I suspect.

Is it too late to send a different questionaire? If they do ring can I ask them to keep all correspondance in writing?

simply tell them writing only

did you do a spreadsheet?
    and your reason for missale was?

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Didnt do a spread sheet

Please see post 3

then I would else you haven't a clue if the refund Is correct

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ok thanks DX

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : May 2013

I think there should be a Govt body helping people with their claims... Many people just can't do this stuff for themselves... and then end up giving a large chunk of their compensation to companies who do the work on their behalf...

There. Is
    On the fca website

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following