style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I need some advice for a work colleague.

She has been living at a new address in London for just over a year.

She was paying £50 a month fixed amount for her electricity and has now received a bill demanding over £1000 as British gas claim she had been under charged all this time.

I would like to help her challenge this amount.

What would be the best way in going forward?

Thank you

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

that's seems very cheap

£133 a month looks more correct. [£1000/12+50=£133]

has she got the bills?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Start off by sending British Gas an SAR. Do it today.

Get as much information as possible about the bill which she has received and how they have calculated it.

Can you tell us a bit about the address that she is occupying – size, number of rooms – et cetera. Other occupants.

Of course it will be most helpful if your friend could come to the forum and handle this directly as it would save the tedious business of passing messages on all the time.

Send the SAR

that's seems very cheap

£133 a month looks more correct. [£1000/12+50=£133]

has she got the bills?

I had gathered that they were charging her £1000 on top of the £50 per month which she has already been paying.

Thank you for the replies.

She lives in a two bedroom property with her two children. When she took over the property she spoke with British Gas who offered her a contract for £50.00 a just for just her electricity. Now a year down the line they are demanding a payment of £1000.00 - this is on top of the £50.00 a month she has been paying - which is £600.00 for years worth of electricity which sounds about right to me. No sure where the extra £1000.00 came from.

I will advise her to send the SAR today.

did she take a reading when moving in? Bound to have as BG wouildnt have taken her on without it. She can take a readin now and see what the consumption has been and them work out whether she owes anywhere near that amount.

BG may be estimating consumption and the chances are the figures and DD are wrong so get somehting solid to work with and it may be that a change to the DD amount is all that is needed