LOWELL multiple accounts

LB85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can I please get some help regarding three letters that have come from Lowells.

We have recently returned to uk after living abroad and previously had advice regarding some if not all of these accounts back in 2014 I believe. The debts are coming up SB mid this year, default dates 2013. I believe we were previously advised to SAR I think, which, I think we did.

I also believe one- a capital one debt, we sent a PPI claim for which was denied I think.

Here are the accounts.

ME-CAPITAL ONE $420

MY WIFE- BRITISH GAS $75 didn't even realise we had this...pretty certain we were on prepayment meter?!

MY WIFE- CAPITAL ONE $1695 (SAR sent off 15th May 2013)

Do I need to do an SAR again for these? Can anyone advise what to do please.

Thanks a lot

Edited by LB85

With the capital one debts, find out the last date of payment. Remember, the default date has nothing to do with the SB date

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

cant see any previous threads for 2014

were you using a different username then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes. Just call the Original creditor and ask for the date of the last payment on the account. For it to be classed as contact, you would have to write something specific for it.

All you want is the date of the last payment.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My wife got advice yes. Was advised to SAR and PPI claim I believe.

username?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Normally SB comes into force around 30 days or so after the last payment is made.

Ok great so possibly SB in the next month going by the likelihood of the past posts. Ill find out date of last payment.

no the clock starts tickin the day after your last payment or written signed acknowledgement of the debt.

you are talking about the cause of action for a Default notice.

there is no link between either date

and they

most credit cards have a monthly billing cycle so it would be normal to say that the default date is one billing cycle after the last demand for payment. So ofr example, you got a bill on january 1st and had to pay the instalment by feb 1st. The default would kick in at the time of the next bill arrived on march 1st. Many companies dotn report the default becuase people sometimes forget to pay or struggle temporarily and it all gets sorted by the end of the next month. That has led the banks to purposely not issue a default to your files for some time to extend the period before the debt drops off your credit files. They claim they are doing their best to sort it out with you but it is just punishment and doesnt change the actual default date, just how it appears on your credit files.

judging by last posts in that old thread SB might have already passed?

And a CCA request isn't acknowledging the debt, nor is a PPI claim, no?

Would it be worth sending some sort of SB letter then or not?

Or do we still need to ring original creditor and find out for certain the SB date first?

Just want to be clear....

So default date doesn't matter,

neither does 30 days passed since last payment,

neither does date when payment was due but not paid and no payment has occurred since.....

NONE of these are relevant to SB is that correct?

All that matters is that last actual payment date,

and if any written acknowledgement of the debt, yes?

If so, that means some of these debts are already SB definitely tomorrow as wife made a post on that thread 18th Jan 2013 saying no payments made at all recently.

Edited by dx100uk

you are correct on everything.

give it a few weeks and fire off our SB letter to the various fleecers.

and they