Harlands CRS cancellation

b3cca95
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was there any resolution to this? I am experiencing the same thing!

Ignored them, called citizen's advice who have a case open for me right now.

Explained that on the phone when I called them, sent them correspondence between the gym and myself showing that I tried to cancel and warned them of a direct debit cancellation. They said to forward them and they would get in touch with the gym - although I have heard they work in the same building - and they would get back to me.

They left me alone for two weeks and called while I was in work and couldn't answer on Monday and sent me a text saying it was urgent to talk to me today and then I tried calling twice with no answer.

I just want this to go away.

Every thread on here seems to just trail off with no resolution ever posted, please tell me this was resolved. I cancelled my DD in september 2018 and it's january 2019 and I'm still getting calls.

please start a new thread

of your own.

this thread is for advising chris RC

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi B3 and welcome to CAG

You posted on an old thread (Spring 2018) but you now have your own thread here for your case.

I have to say, from our experience here over many years, CAB is not the best place to get advice on gym cases. We deal with this all the time and have a good grasp of how gym cases pan out.

Give us some background info briefly :-

1. What gym is this ?

2. Was yours a 12 monthly or a rolling monthly agreement, or other ?

3. Date you joined ?

4. Date you told gym you wanted to leave ?

5. Method of telling gym of cancellation ?

6. Date you last paid by DD ?

Do not reply to any demand from Harlands/CRS until we've got answers and advised you further.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi thanks!

I struggled to set up my own thread even with that youtube video that's linked. Apologies!

I'll put your questions above the answers for ease.

1. What gym is this ? Xercise4Less

2. Was yours a 12 monthly or a rolling monthly agreement, or other ? It was a 12 month contact

3. Date you joined ? June 2017

4. Date you told gym you wanted to leave ?More explained below but technically July and August 2018

5. Method of telling gym of cancellation ? Again more explained below but online form, then emails, then phone calls

6. Date you last paid by DDicon ? September 2018

I had a contact from June 2017-18 and I paid in June 2018

I went into the membership area online and looked for a way to discontinue my membership as I wasn't using it and was also about to hit a hard financial patch so didn't want the extra money coming out my account.

I found a tab that said delete payment method and thought that would work

- turns out it just deletes your card from the system but keeps your DD.

Next month I noticed money taken out

went back online and eventually found a "delete membership" page

it asked me why I wanted to leave the gym

I filled out the form

it said I had removed my membership.

then it said my membership had been deleted - great!

Except then the next month they took more money out.

At this point it's August and I really can't afford it.

I emailed Xercise4Less myself,

because now I can't login online as it said I "do not have an active membership" therefore I can't do anything myself.

Explained the situation to this woman (I can provide the correspondence) she said there was no cancellation request from my account

(odd given that my membership was no longer active) and to send over the submission receipt I SHOULD have received (but never did).

I said I didn't have one and she gave me a number to call.

I called it three times on separate occasions and it always went to a voicemail (weird)

I left my number, name and a message for them.

Never received a call back.

Now it's September and they've taken yet another payment

I cancel the direct debit as there seems to be literally NO WAY of getting help and I just cannot afford it.

Skip forward a month

I start getting texts and emails from hardlands saying there's an issue with my account and to login online (which I cannot do) and sort it.

I ignore them as I assume it's a system error and it'll stop when they realise.

Nope.

Fast forward to November 18 and I get a text from CRS to check my email

- it's the same email everyone got saying they'd sent a letter (they hadn't) and I owed them I think about £170ish.

I call because I'm young and panicked and don't want a potential credit score issue to arise and get no answer.

my boyfriend called on my behalf to check them out pretending that his sister was having an issue with them

- they said to send over the submission receipt (that I don't have) and they could leave me alone.

I call Citizen's Advice just to see if they could help and they said I should actually be pressing charges against them for money back

- although like you said idk how much they actually know.

I call up CRS and tell them about CAB and the cancellation request and he says to send over the emails and then they would "check with the gym and get back to me"

- I did and didn't hear from them until Monday when they called and I ignored it and then I attempted to call today

- cause I'm a panicker

- and got no reply.

SORRY for the huge rant - I just didn't want to miss anything.

Edited by dx100uk
format

you cancelled

you owed 1 month after you cancelled [or FIRST tried too- that counts]

so as they took MORE than that

go ring your bank and under the DD guarantee get the extra months BACK!!

they cant harm your credit file

they've not done court in +5yrs as the lost badly.

harlands/crs are all the same lot - NEVER EVER ring anyone

block the numbers, block the texts , block and bounced the emails.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi B3,

Thanks for the info.

If you told the gym you needed to leave in July 2018, you should have paid in August 2018 (after 1 month's notice) and nothing more.

So you need to now contact your bank and seek a refund under the DD Guarantee Scheme of whatever was taken by Harlands/CRS beyond Aug 2018 and the bank should refund without questions.

You need to understand, Harlands/CRS are NEVER going to be interested in what you or the CAB think - they simply want your money !!overpaid DD and let us know when Harlands/CRS contact you with begging letters about missed fees and admin fees.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for getting back to me.

Since this thread they left me alone for a while.

They emailed their classic email at the end of january about how they have tried to reach an amicable conclusion but have not managed and to contact them ASAP.

Today they have called me twice.

Am I okay to just block their number and emails?

Edited by dx100uk

Sorry my last post was wrong. The last para said :-

"overpaid DD and let us know when Harlands/CRS contact you with begging letters about missed fees and admin fees."

But it should have said, " Contact the bank and reclaim the overpaid DD and let us know when Harlands/CRS contact you with begging letters about missed fees and admin fees. "

Have you reclaimed the DD via the bank yet ?

Block their calls and emails or just ignore them and keep a log of all forms of contact.

If they DO get through on the phone, just hang up !!